These Bacon Mac ‘N’ Cheese Dogs are a fun lunch or dinner dish.
If you are tired of boring old hot dogs you need to try these.
They would make a great party food too!
We ate hot dogs from the grill at least once a week during the summer but since the colder weather set in I haven’t made them in awhile.
I decided to cook inside on the stove as it’s a little chilly outside and I wanted to try something new instead of the traditional hot dog toppings.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
I made some macaroni and cheese from scratch and added real bacon bits at the end for flavour.
I used the macaroni to top some pan fried hot dogs.
I started by putting some macaroni on to boil and frying up some wieners in a pan while the macaroni was cooking.
For my cheese sauce I started by bringing some 10% cream to a boil and adding in some cornstarch to thicken it.
I reduced the heat and stirred in some minced garlic, onion powder, salt and pepper then left it to simmer.
While the sauce was simmering I toasted up my hot dog buns.
To finish up the sauce I stirred in some grated marble cheese, bacon bits and margarine.
Then I added the cooked macaroni to the sauce and stirred it until it was completely coated.
Then I put all the wieners on to buns and topped the with some macaroni and cheese.
This meal was such a hit my husband was asking me to make it again a couple days later.
Try these Bacon Mac ‘N’ Cheese Dogs next time you are looking for a fun meal idea.
If you are looking for more fun meal ideas check out Sweet Chili BBQ Chicken Sliders, Shepherd’s Pie Sliders and Bacon and Banana Peppers Grilled Cheese.
⇒ Click Here And Follow Me On Pinterest ⇐
Bacon Mac 'N' Cheese Dogs
- 1 cup macaroni noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup 10% cream
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup marble cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 8 wieners
- 8 hot dog buns, top-sliced
- Bring a pot of water to a boil for the macaroni.
- Heat a frying pan on medium for the wieners.
- Boil the macaroni until slightly tender, about 8 minutes, and drain.
- While the macaroni is cooking, slice the wieners about half way through lengthwise and fry with a tbsp of margarine.
- Bring the cream to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add the cornstarch to the cold water and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the cornstarch and water into the boiling cream and whisk until well combined.
- Reduce heat to simmer and add garlic, onion powder, pepper and salt.
- Heat a nonstick fry pan on med-low for toasting the buns.
- Add cheese, bacon bits and margarine to the sauce mixture.
- Stir until cheese is melted and reduce heat to low.
- Add macaroni noodles to the sauce and stir.
- Toast buns in heated pan.
- Place a wiener in each of the toasted buns and top with some macaroni and cheese.
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.