This Chinese Take-Out Style Chicken and Ramen is a super simple weeknight dinner recipe and affordable way to enjoy Chinese food at home.
This is a great recipe to pull out when you are short on time.
It serves two people but can very easily be adjusted to serve as many as you want and only takes about fifteen minutes from start to finish.
This recipe is an easy and affordable alternative for when you have a craving for Chinese food.
Using just four simple ingredients you can have dinner on the table in fifteen minutes.
I used Asian style mixed frozen veggies, chicken breast and VH General Tao sauce to turn simple ramen noodles into a tasty meal.
I started by frying some diced chicken breast in a large fry pan.
Once the chicken was cooked and starting to brown I added some Asian style frozen mixed veggies and continued cooking.
The Asian style veggies I used had a mixture of green beans, carrots, broccoli, peppers and onions.
You could always use fresh vegetables if you prefer I just like the convenience of the frozen ones.
I cooked the ramen noodles in a pot of boiling water with the soup mix they came with, then drained them and added them to the frying pan.
Then I reduced the heat and stirred in the General Tao sauce.
I left it to simmer for a few minutes so everything could soak up the flavour of the sauce.
This dish is super delicious and a great alternative to ordering take out.
Try this Chinese Take-Out Style Chicken and Ramen the next time you are looking for a quick and easy dinner recipe that will satisfy your take-out cravings.
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 4.5 oz chicken flavour ramen noodles
- 1 1/2 cups Asian style mixed veggies, frozen
- 1/2 cup General Tao sauce
- Bring 4 cups of water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Dice chicken breast into large chunks and saute on med-high with margarine in large fry pan.
- When chicken is starting to brown add the veggies and continue cooking.
- Add the ramen noodles and flavoring packets to the boiling water and turn off the burner.
- Cook the noodles until tender. About 3 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and add them to the chicken and veggies.
- Turn the heat down to med-low, add the sauce, stir and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 657Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 156mgSodium: 2259mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 5gSugar: 20gProtein: 59g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.