This Chicken and Green Bean Casserole is super easy to make and a great way to get your kids to eat some veggies.
This dish serves six people and takes just over an hour from start to finish.
I had some green beans in the freezer and don’t really enjoy eating them on their own so I figured why not try out a new casserole recipe?
So I dug through my freezer and cupboards and used what I found to create this dish.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
I started off by lining the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish with frozen hash brown patties.
I had to break some of the patties in pieces to make them fit.
Then I spread the diced raw chicken and frozen green beans over the hash brown patties.
A mixture of cream of vegetable soup and eggs was poured over everything.
The dish was then topped with crushed Ritz crackers mixed with bacon bits and diced onion.
I covered the green bean chicken casserole with aluminum foil and baked it for about fifty minutes.
I removed the aluminum foil for the final five minutes of baking to brown up the Ritz cracker mixture.
Don’t remove the foil too early or your Ritz crackers will burn.
Once I removed the green bean casserole with chicken from the oven, I allowed it to cool a bit before slicing and serving so that it would hold together better.
This Chicken and Green Bean Casserole is simple and delicious.
The soup and egg mixture keep everything nice and moist and also hold it together.
I really like the added flavour from the bacon and onions in the Ritz cracker mixture.
This is a tasty dinner your whole family will love.
Be sure to add this Chicken and Green Bean Casserole to your easy dinner recipe collection.
If you are looking for more casserole ideas check out Cajun Chicken and Biscuits Casserole, Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole and Cheeseburger Casserole.
CLICK HERE to save this recipe to Pinterest!
⇒ Click Here And Follow Me On Pinterest ⇐
Chicken & Green Bean Casserole
Easy chicken and green bean casserole recipe with Ritz cracker topping.
- 2 cups chicken breast, uncooked, diced
- 2 cups green beans, frozen
- 3 oz powdered cream of vegetable soup mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 6 hash brown patties
- 2 cups Ritz crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Line the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with the hash brown patties (you may have to break some of them to make them fit).
- Spread the chicken breast and green beans over the hash browns.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the soup mix, eggs and milk. Whisk.
- Pour mixture over the chicken and beans.
- In another small mixing bowl combine crushed Ritz crackers, melted butter, bacon bits and diced onion.
- Sprinkle Ritz mixture evenly over the casserole.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place in oven.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes until crackers are starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes before slicing and serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pyrex Easy Grab Glass Bakeware and Food Storage Set (8-Piece, BPA-free)
Hormel Real Bacon Bits Pouch, 6 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Mixing Bowls Set of 5, Wildone Stainless Steel Nesting Mixing Bowls with Lids, Non-Slip Silicone Bottom, for Mixing & Beating, Stackable Storage (1.5, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0, 5.0 qt)
Ritz the Original Snack Cracker (200g) - Pack of 2
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Wednesday 5th of September 2018
Where can I find powdered cream of vegetable soup? Thanks