These Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are the perfect easy lunch recipe.
This recipe produces four sandwiches and only takes about fifteen minutes from start to finish. Perfect for when you are short on time.
Grilled cheese is my daughter’s favourite food but I am not a fan of the traditional grilled cheese with processed cheese slices so I always change it up a bit.
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are great because there are so many different combinations of cheese and other ingredients you can play around with.
I love trying out new grilled cheese sandwiches. There are some more great recipes for them on the blog.
To make a meal the whole family would enjoy I took elements from another popular food, pizza. Instead of processed cheese slices I used grated mozzarella cheese and added green peppers and pepperoni slices.
I started by buttering one side of each of the slices of bread. I placed one slice butter side down in a hot frying pan and sprinkled it with grated mozzarella cheese.
I placed pepperoni slices and chopped green peppers on top and then added more cheese.
Then another piece of bread went on top buttered side up to complete the sandwich.
I cooked the sandwich until the bottom slice of bread was nicely browned and then flipped it to cook the other side.
Eat these sandwiches warm while the cheese is all melted.
Served with warm pizza sauce for dipping this recipe is great for lunch or a quick and easy weekday dinner.
Your kids will love eating pizza in a sandwich form.
Try these Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwiches next time you are looking for a delicious lunch.
- 8 slices bread
- 4 tbsp margarine
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3/4 cups pepperoni, diced
- 1/2 cup green peppers, diced
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Heat a large frying pan on medium.
- Butter one side of each of the 8 slices of bread.
- Place 2 slices of bread buttered side down in the frying pan.
- Sprinkle both slices with some grated cheese, pepperoni, green peppers and then more cheese.
- Top with another slice of bread, buttered side up.
- Allow to cook until bottom slice is golden brown, about 2 minutes, and then flip.
- Cook another 2 minutes and remove sandwiches from pan.
- Repeat the process to make two more sandwiches.
- Heat pizza sauce in microwave safe dish for 45 seconds.
- Cut sandwiches and serve with sauce on the side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 562Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 1197mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 3gSugar: 7gProtein: 21g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.