Ultimate Peanut Butter Banana Sheet cake is an easy chocolate peanut butter dessert recipe using boxed cake mix.
This delicious cake is topped with chocolate frosting and loaded with peanut butter cups, Reese’s Pieces and peanuts.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this banana sheet cake I start by combining some ripe bananas, peanut butter and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
I used an electric mixer to cream the ingredients together until no large lumps remained.
Then I added in the box cake mix and continued mixing.
I chopped some Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups into small pieces.
Then I added the chopped peanut butter cups and some mini Reese’s Pieces to the cake batter, using a rubber spatula to stir them in.
I dumped the cake batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch cake pan and spread it out evenly.
Then I baked the cake until it was nicely browned all across the top.
After removing the cake from the oven I allowed it to cool before spreading it with canned chocolate frosting.
Then I sprinkled some more chopped peanut butter cups and mini Reese’s Pieces on top, along with some peanuts.
This banana cake is moist and loaded with peanut butter flavour.
If you are a chocolate and peanut butter lover you need to try this Peanut Butter Banana Sheet Cake.
- 3 bananas, very ripe
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 eggs, large
- 15.25 oz box yellow cake mix
- 10 Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 1 cup mini Reese's Pieces
- 14 oz can whipped chocolate frosting
- 1/2 cup blanched salted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Place bananas, peanut butter and eggs in a large mixing bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to cream them together until no large lumps remain.
- Add in the boxed cake mix and continue mixing until smooth.
- Chop the Reese's Peanut Butter Cups into small pieces.
- Add half of the chopped peanut butter cups to the cake batter and set the remaining half aside.
- Also add 1/2 cup of the mini Reese's Pieces to the batter and set the remaining half aside.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir in the peanut butter cups and Reese's Pieces.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch cake pan and spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 34-36 minutes until nicely browned all the way across the top.
- Allow the cake to cool for about twenty minutes and then spread with the chocolate frosting.
- Sprinkle the remaining peanut butter cup pieces and mini Reese's pieces on top along with the peanuts.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 598
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.