Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are the perfect breakfast treat.
Great for snacks or packing in lunches.
This easy muffin recipe uses yellow cake mix as a base and only four other ingredients.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
Banana chocolate chip muffins are my favourite kind of muffin but I like to add peanut butter to everything I can.
I decided to use cake mix for my muffins to save on time and because it produces great tasting muffins.
I started by creaming together some extra ripe bananas and peanut butter with an electric mixer.
Once the mixture was really smooth I added in some eggs.
Then I mixed in the cake mix at a low speed being careful not to over mix.
I stirred in some chocolate chips before spooning the mixture into well greased muffin tins.
I greased my muffin pans with Pam Spray For Baking. I use this cooking spray for pretty much everything because I find it way less greasy than other sprays and also very effective.
I’ve never had trouble removing anything from a pan when using this spray.
I sprinkled some chocolate chips on top of the muffins and then placed them in the oven to bake.
I baked my cake mix banana muffins until the tops were golden and a toothpick inserted in the center came out clean.
These Peanut Butter Banana Muffins are so easy to make and taste fantastic.
I love the combination of banana and peanut butter. And of course the chocolate chips.
Every banana muffin needs chocolate chips.
If you are looking for the perfect muffin recipe try these Cake Mix Peanut Butter Banana Muffins.
If you are looking for more peanut butter and chocolate treats check out Peanut Butter Cookie S’Mores Cups, Peanut Butter Ritz Cracker Toffee, Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge and Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats.
- 3 bananas, very ripe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together the bananas and peanut butter with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in the eggs and continue mixing.
- Pour in the cake mix and mix on low speed just until fully combined. Do not over mix.
- Stir in half of the chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into well greased muffin tins filling them about 2/3 of the way.
- Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes until tops are golden and toothpick inserted in center comes up clean.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and place on cooling rack.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.