These super easy Bacon and Sausage Waffles are the perfect weekend breakfast or brunch recipe.
With just seven ingredients you can whip up these delicious savoury waffles in no time.
This morning I felt like making waffles but I didn’t want boring old plain waffles so I experimented with a new recipe.
Here is a quick and easy way to jazz up your boxed pancake and waffle mix.
I started by frying some diced breakfast sausages, bacon and onions until they were nice and brown.
Then I added some maple syrup to the pan and continued cooking a little longer stirring occasionally to make sure everything got coated in the syrup.
While the meat was cooking I prepared the waffle mix by combining the boxed mix with some water and melted butter.
Then I poured the contents of the frying pan into the waffle mixture and stirred it all together.
After this I simply poured it into my preheated waffle maker to cook.
Any waffle maker will work but I have a 7 inch Belgian Waffle Maker. I love how simple it is to use.
I just pour the batter, flip it and the waffle maker will light up to tell me my waffle is cooked.
Perfect waffles every time.
If you’re looking for a new waffle maker I definitely recommend getting one that flips.
I love these crispy golden waffles with delicious bits of sausage and bacon.
They have so much more flavour than plain waffles.
Pull out this recipe next time you are looking for an easy breakfast idea. It is great for both kids and adults.
This recipe produces four 7 inch waffles and serves 2-4 people depending on their appetites.
Things I Used For This Recipe:
- 1 cup breakfast sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup bacon, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 3/4 cups complete pancake and waffle mix, the just add water kind
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Heat large frying pan on medium high.
- Sautee sausage, bacon and onions in the frying pan with butter or margarine.
- While meat is cooking, combine the waffle mix, water and butter in a large mixing bowl until no lumps remain.
- Turn on waffle maker.
- Once sausage and bacon are nicely browned add the syrup to the frying pan, stir well and continue cooking for a couple minutes.
- Remove from heat and add contents of frying pan to the waffle mixture. Stir.
- Spray waffle maker with nonstick spray and then pour in the mixture being careful not to overfill the waffle maker.
- Cook until waffle starts to brown about 2-3 minutes depending on your waffle maker.
- Repeat this process until all the mixture is used up.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 561Saturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 138mgSodium: 960mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 16g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.