This Peanut Butter and Brown Sugar French Toast is a tasty twist on a classic breakfast food.
French Toast and peanut butter together?
What could be better?
This is a fun an easy breakfast recipe your kids will love (and you will too!).
I love French Toast and was looking for a way to change it up.
I thought about just adding peanut butter but that seemed too plain to me.
Then I thought of my favourite sandwich from years ago, peanut butter and brown sugar sandwiches.
I thought they would be perfect in French Toast form.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
I started out this recipe by making one of my favourite childhood lunches, peanut butter and brown sugar sandwiches.
I spread peanut butter on all the slices of bread and sprinkled them with brown sugar.
Then I put the slices together to form sandwiches.
The sandwiches were then coated in an egg mixture and cooked in a frying pan until both sides were nicely browned.
I served my French Toast with maple syrup.
You could also dust it with powdered sugar if you want it to be really sweet.
I am so happy with how it turned out.
Nothing beats french toast dripping with warm, gooey peanut butter and I love the sweetness from the brown sugar.
I was so excited for my daughter to try it because she’s never had a peanut butter and brown sugar sandwich before.
She was very impressed. I guess I’ll be making this one again.
So next time you’re in need of a fun breakfast recipe try this peanut butter french toast.
This recipe serves two people and only takes ten minutes from start to finish.
Things I Used For This Recipe:
- 4 slices bread
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- Heat large frying pan on medium heat.
- Spread peanut butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over the peanut butter on two of the slices.
- Top those two slices with the other pieces of bread to form two sandwiches.
- In an 8-inch square pan beat the eggs an milk together.
- Coat both sides of the sandwiches in the egg mixture and spray the frying pan with cooking spray before placing the sandwiches in the pan.
- Cook the sandwiches until the first sides are browned, about two minutes, and then flip to cook the remaining side.
- Remove sandwiches from pan, slice in half and serve with maple syrup if desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 582Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 187mgSodium: 592mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 4gSugar: 29gProtein: 22g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.