Breakfast Frito Pie is a fun twist on the classic Frito pie recipe that is perfect for serving at breakfast or dinner.
This tasty dish starts with a layer of corn chips topped with scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, Hollandaise sauce and melted cheese.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this Frito pie, I started by cooking some ground pork sausage meat in a large saucepan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine.
While the sausage meat was cooking I added some diced onions to the pan.
Once the sausage was completely cooked I reduced the heat to medium.
I cracked some eggs into a medium mixing bowl and then whisked them together.
Then I poured the beaten eggs into the saucepan with the sausage and stirred everything together.
Then I added some real bacon bits, salt and pepper to the pan while the eggs were cooking.
I continued cooking the mixture, stirring occasionally, until the eggs were completely cooked.
Then I removed the pan from the heat and set it aside.
In a small saucepan I prepared some packaged Hollandaise sauce according to the directions.
Then I dumped some Frito’s corn chips into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread them out evenly.
I spooned the egg and sausage mixture on top of the corn chips.
Then I poured the Hollandaise sauce on top of the eggs.
I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese on top.
Then I placed the dish in the oven and baked it until the cheese was completely melted.
This delicious breakfast casserole recipe is perfect for holiday brunches.
If you are looking for a fun and easy new breakfast recipe then you need to try this Breakfast Frito Pie!
- 1 lb ground pork sausage meat
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 4 cups Frito's corn chips
- 1 packet Hollandaise sauce mix (and ingredients listed on package to prepare the sauce)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook sausage meat in a large saucepan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine.
- Add diced onions to the pan while the meat is cooking.
- Once the sausage meat is completely cooked reduce the heat to medium.
- Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the saucepan with the sausage and stir.
- Add the bacon bits, salt and pepper to the pan and stir again.
- Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are completely cooked.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Prepare the Hollandaise sauce according to the directions on the package.
- Dump the corn chips into the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread them out evenly.
- Spoon the egg and sausage mixture over the corn chips.
- Pour the Hollandaise sauce over the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake until the cheese on top is completely melted. 12-15 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1383
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.