Monte Cristo Breakfast Casserole is a sweet and savory breakfast dish that can be thrown together in a hurry.
This easy breakfast casserole is inspired by the classic Monte Cristo sandwich.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
Pillsbury cinnamon rolls form the base of this casserole and are combined with ham and Swiss Cheese.
I started out by cutting each of the Pillsbury cinnamon rolls into four pieces.
Then I placed the cinnamon roll pieces in the bottom of a greased 8 inch square baking dish and spread them out as evenly as possible.
If you make a lot of casserole I highly recommend you invest in some baking dishes with lids.
They make storing leftovers so much easier and are great for transporting food.
No more fighting with cling wrap!
I baked the cinnamon roll pieces until they were nicely browned and then removed them from the oven.
Then I topped them with the icing provided.
I cut some sliced deli honey ham into small bite sized pieces.
I cut my ham with kitchen scissors as I find it easier for cutting deli meat than using a knife.
I placed the chopped honey ham on top of the cinnamon rolls.
Then I placed four sandwich sized slices of Swiss cheese over the ham covering the entire casserole.
I placed the breakfast casserole bake in the oven and continued cooking it until the cheese was fully melted.
I sliced and served the casserole immediately after removing it from the oven.
The combination of the sweet cinnamon rolls with the ham and cheese make this the perfect breakfast treat.
Try this Monte Cristo Breakfast Casserole if you are looking for a fun and easy breakfast idea.
This recipe serves four but could easily be doubled in a 9 x 13 inch dish if you are serving a larger group.
If you are looking for more easy breakfast ideas check out Maple Pancake Breakfast Casserole, Muffin Tin Fruit Loop French Toast, Peanut Butter Brown Sugar French Toast, Peanut Butter Cup French Toast and Peanut Butter and Jelly Biscuit Bake.
- 12.4 oz Pillsbury Original Cinnamon Rolls with icing
- 8 oz thin sliced honey ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, square sandwich sized
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove cinnamon rolls from package and set icing aside.
- Cut each cinnamon roll into four pieces.
- Place the pieces of cinnamon roll in a greased 8 inch square baking dish. Spread them out evenly.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and bake until cinnamon rolls are starting to brown. 16-18 minutes.
- While the cinnamon rolls are cooking, cut the slices of ham into small bite sized pieces. I used kitchen scissor to do this as I find it easier than using a knife.
- When the rolls are browned remove them from the oven and spread the icing over all the pieces evenly.
- Sprinkle the ham pieces on top.
- Place the slices of Swiss cheese over the ham.
- Return the dish to the oven and bake until the cheese is completely melted. About 5 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven, slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 445
More Breakfast Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.