This Cajun Chicken and Biscuits Casserole is a simple dinner recipe perfect for when you are short on time.
It has a bit of a kick but is not overly spicy.
The casserole serves four to six people and only takes about half an hour from start to finish.
How awesome is that?
This is a super easy weeknight meal the whole family will love and a great way to use up leftover chicken.
I used some leftover chicken thighs for my casserole but chicken breast would work just as well.
Just use whatever you have on hand.
I love spicy fried chicken with biscuits and really wanted to come up with a casserole that would have similar flavours.
I decided to use Pillsbury biscuits to save on time and I really like how they taste.
I started by preparing some cream of vegetable soup from powdered mix.
I used less liquid than the packaging called for because I wanted the soup to be extra thick.
Once the soup was heated I stirred in some shredded chicken, Cajun seasoning and canned corn.
I poured the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and placed some Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits on top.
I baked the casserole for twenty minutes until the biscuits were nicely browned.
The creamy chicken and flaky biscuits go together so well.
I love the crunch of the corn and the pop of flavour from the Cajun Seasoning.
This dish has a nice kick but is not overly spicy so kids can enjoy it. My daughter loves it!
Next time you’re looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner idea pull out this recipe.
You can have dinner on the table in under thirty minutes.
If you’re looking for more casserole ideas check out Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole, Chicken Bruschetta Casserole with Everything Bagels and Cheeseburger Casserole.
- 3 oz powdered cream of vegetable soup mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
- 11 oz canned corn
- 2 tbsp Clubhouse Cajun Seasoning
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a large saucepan whisk together milk and soup mix. Bring to a boil.
- Once the soup starts to boil turn off the heat and add in the chicken, corn and Cajun seasoning. Stir well.
- Pour mixture into an 8-inch square casserole dish and place nine biscuits on top, evenly spaced.
- Place dish in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes until biscuits are nicely browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 418Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 2221mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 24g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.