This Cheeseburger Casserole recipe is a different take on the classic burger.
Your kids will love this cheesy dinner casserole and you will too!
Ground beef and traditional burger toppings are all combined and topped with cheese and refrigerated biscuits to get that burger taste in casserole form.
I love making casseroles because they are so easy and don’t dirty a ton of pots and pans.
Because who likes doing dishes? I know I don’t.
I wanted to experiment with something new and got to thinking that I’ve never had a cheeseburger casserole that I’ve really loved.
So I decided to create one and I am so happy with the result.
This recipe is quick, easy and uses simple ingredients.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
I started off with browned ground beef and stirred in some traditional burger toppings, tomatoes, pickles and onions.
To really get that burger flavour I added ketchup and mustard.
A beaten egg was stirred in to hold everything together and the whole mixture was poured into a casserole dish.
Then it was time to top it all with loads of grated cheddar cheese.
After the cheese I place some Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits on top (I love Pillsbury biscuits and am always looking for ways to include them in recipes) making sure they were evenly spaced out.
Then in the oven it went.
This hamburger casserole bakes up in just 20-25 minutes and is the perfect way to satisfy your burger cravings before BBQ season.
The juicy ground beef and gooey cheese will have you coming back for more.
And the biscuits will melt in your mouth.
It really does taste like a cheeseburger.
This cheeseburger casserole serves 4-6 people and takes about 40 minutes from start to finish.
It’s the perfect recipe for when you are short on time.
Be sure to add this Cheeseburger Casserole recipe to your collection of easy weeknight dinner ideas.
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/2 cups onions, diced
- 1/2 cup dill pickles, diced
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tbsp mustard
- 1 egg
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 9 Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Brown the ground beef in a large large saucepan on med-high.
- Once ground beef is cooked remove from heat and drain grease.
- Add tomatoes. onions. and pickles to ground beef. Stir.
- Add salt, pepper, onion powder. ketchup and mustard to the mixture and continue stirring until fully combined.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and then pour over mixture and stir well again.
- Pour mixture into 9 x 13 inch casserole dish and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the dish with cheese and then place biscuits on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until biscuits are nice and brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to sit for a few minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 739
More Casserole Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.