These Cheesy Bruschetta Stuffed Meatballs are a dinner recipe that’s sure to impress. They look super fancy but they are actually incredibly easy to make.
I love bruschetta and am always looking to come up with new ways to incorporate it into recipes. I also love spaghetti and meatballs so I decided to combine the two and came up with these stuffed meatballs.
This recipe produces four giant stuffed meatballs.
I started off by preparing the bruschetta stuffing mixture. I combined some diced Roma tomatoes with red onions, pureed garlic, basil pesto and parmesan cheese. Then I stirred in some grated mozzarella.
Next I combined some lean ground pork with an egg and some Italian seasoned bread crumbs. I seasoned the mixture with salt, pepper and onion powder.
Once the meat mixture was fully combined I divided it evenly into four pieces. I formed the pieces into balls and placed them on a large sheet of wax paper.
Then I pressed the balls down to form circles that were about a quarter inch thick.
I divided the bruschetta mixture evenly between the four circles trying to keep it centered and away from the edges of the meat.
Then I very carefully folded the edges of the meat over the bruschetta mixture pressing down gently until no seams showed. Then I shaped the whole thing into as round of a ball as possible. Just be careful not to tear through the meat or your filling will leak out during cooking.
Once all the meatballs were ready, I baked them for forty five minutes.
I served my meatballs with spaghetti and store bought marinara sauce.
When you cut into these meatballs they instantly ooze with melted cheese and the bruschetta is packed with flavour.
Use this recipe to impress your family and friends with your culinary skills. This really is so easy to make.
If you are looking for other recipes with bruschetta check out Bruschetta Pita Pizza with Bacon and Chicken Bruschetta Casserole with Everything Bagels.
Cheesy Bruschetta Stuffed Meatballs
Cheesy Bruschetta Stuffed Meatballs are giant pork meatballs stuffed with cheese and bruschetta.
- 2 cups Roma tomatoes, diced, juice and seeds removed
- 1 1/2 cups red onions, diced
- 1 tbsp pureed garlic
- 3 tbsp basil pesto
- 1/2 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 lbs lean ground pork
- 1 cup seasoned Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all of the Filling ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine all of the Meatball ingredients. Mix with your hands to make sure it gets fully combined.
- Divide meat mixture into 4 equal pieces and form them into balls.
- Place the balls on a large sheet of wax paper.
- Press the balls down to form circles about a quarter inch thick.
- Divide the bruschetta mixture evenly between the four circles keeping it away from the edges of the meat as much as possible.
- Very carefully fold the edges of the meat over the filling and press the seams together until they are no longer visible.
- Then gently form the whole thing into as round of a ball as possible without tearing through the meat. You don't want the filling to leak out.
- Place the meatballs in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and cook for 45 minutes.
- After 45 minutes remove the meatballs from the oven and place on a baking sheet lined with paper towel to absorb the grease.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 720Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 182mgSodium: 1894mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 5gSugar: 17gProtein: 69g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.