These Bruschetta Pita Pizzas with Bacon are a great weeknight dinner or appetizer.
This recipe produces two small pizzas and only takes twenty minutes from start to finish.
This dish is inspired by East Side Mario’s. I love their bruschetta pizza ( and the all you can eat garlic bread that comes with it ). My favourite thing about their pizza is the ultra thin and crispy crust.
To replicate this dish at home I decided to make my pizzas on pitas instead of pizza dough.
For the bruschetta I used roma tomatoes, because they contain much less seeds and juice than other varieties, and Classico basil pesto.
I’ve tried other brands of pesto but I much prefer the Classico. You could also make your own pesto with some fresh basil.
You’ll want to remove all the juice and seeds from the tomatoes before you juice the mixture or your Bruschetta will be watery.
I combined the diced tomatoes and basil pesto with some Parmesan cheese and ground black pepper to make my bruschetta mixture.
I spread pizza sauce on the pitas and then spread the bruschetta mixture on top.
I topped my pizzas with finely grated mozzarella, green onions and real bacon bits.
The pizzas were baked for ten minutes at 425F.
The end result is a perfect balance between crust and toppings.
The fresh tomatoes and crispy bacon complement each other nicely and the crunch you pita has an amazing texture.
Try these Bruschetta Pita Pizzas with Bacon next time you are looking for an easy dinner or appetizer.
- 1 cup Roma tomatoes, diced, flesh and seeds removed (about 2 med tomatoes)
- 1 tbsp basil pesto
- 2 tsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 8-inch Lebanese style pitas
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, finely grated
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 2 tbsp green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a small bowl combine tomatoes, pesto, Parmesan and pepper.
- Place pitas on a baking sheet and spread with pizza sauce.
- Spread bruschetta mixture evenly over the pitas.
- Top with mozzarella, bacon and green onions.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted and pitas are just starting to brown.
- Allow to cool for a couple minutes and then slice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 328Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 810mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 5gSugar: 5gProtein: 17g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.