Cherry Jello Sugar Cookie Cups are the perfect Valentine’s Day dessert.
These adorable pink sugar cookie cups are topped with Hershey’s Kisses.
The Christmas Sugar Cookie Cups with Hershey’s Kisses I made were super popular so I decided to come up with a new version of the recipe for Valentine’s Day.
These easy sugar cookie cups are made with Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix to save on time.
To make these sugar cookie cups I started by combining the packaged sugar cookie mix with softened butter and eggs.
The package only calls for one egg but I used two because I wanted the sugar cookie cups to be a bit softer than regular sugar cookies.
I also added some cherry jello powder and chopped maraschino cherries to the cookie mix for flavour and colour.
I spooned the sugar cookie mixture into greased mini muffin tins filling the cups about half way.
You don’t want to put too much batter into the cups or when your cookies rise in the oven they will spill over the sides of the cup and won’t look as nice.
Then I baked the cherry sugar cookie cups until the tops were just starting to brown.
I allowed the cookies to cool for a couple minutes before placing one Hershey’s Kiss on to each cookie cup.
I used a mixture of milk chocolate Kisses and Cookies and Cream Kisses.
You don’t want to put the Kisses on immediately after you take the cookies out of the oven or they will melt completely.
Once the cookies had cooled down I removed them from the mini muffin tins.
If you remove the cookies cups from the pan before they’ve cooled down they will fall apart.
These mini sugar cookie cups are bursting with cherry flavour.
If you are looking for the perfect Valentine’s dessert recipe try these Cherry Jello Sugar Cookie Cups.
- 17.5 oz Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz cherry jello powder
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, diced
- 48 Hershey's Kisses , approximately 7.5 oz ( I used half milk chocolate and half cookies and cream)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine sugar cookie mix, softened butter and eggs using electric mixer.
- Once mixture is smooth add in jello powder and diced cherries. Continue mixing.
- Spoon sugar cookie mixture into greased mini muffin tins filling the cups about half way.
- Bake the cookie cups until the tops are starting to brown. 11-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes before placing a Hershey's Kiss onto each one. Press the Kisses down into the cups.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before removing them from the muffin tins so that they will hold their shape.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.