No Bake Red Velvet Pie is an easy dessert recipe perfect for the holidays.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
This simple no bake dessert recipe uses a store bought Oreo cookie crust and instant pudding mix to save on time.
To make this no bake pie I started by combining a box of instant vanilla pudding mix and cold milk.
I whisked until the pudding mixture started to thicken and then added in some Cool Whip.
I stirred in some red food colouring to give the pudding mixture a reddish colour and stirred until everything was fully combined.
Milk chocolate chips were melted in the microwave and then added to the pudding and Cool Whip mixture.
Once I was done stirring in the melted chocolate I poured the whole mixture into the store bought Oreo pie crust.
I topped the pie with some more Cool Whip and milk chocolate chips.
I placed the pie in the fridge and left it to set for about 2 hours.
This red velvet pie is a light dessert with a smooth, creamy texture.
The milk chocolate chips in the pudding give the filling a subtle chocolate flavour that’s not overpowering.
This versatile no bake dessert would be perfect to serve at Christmas or in the summer heat.
If you are looking for a tasty no bake dessert recipe be sure to try this No Bake Red Velvet Pie.
- 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 12 oz Cool Whip
- 0.5 oz red food colour
- 1 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 Oreo pie crust
- In a large mixing bowl combine the milk and instant pudding mix. Whisking until mixture thickens. About 2 minutes.
- Add the red food colouring and half of the Cool Whip to the pudding and stir until fully combined. You can add more food colouring if you would like the filling to have a deeper red colour.
- Pour the chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir well.
- If the chocolate is not fully melted, heat on high for 30 seconds and stir well again. Continue microwaving and stirring in 30 second intervals until chocolate is fully melted.
- Once chocolate is fully melted pour it into the pudding mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Pour pudding mixture into the pie crust and spread it out evenly.
- Top the pie with the remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle the remaining milk chocolate chips on top.
- Place the pie in the fridge for about 2 hours for the filling to set.
- Slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.