Cinnamon Bun Cherry Pie is an easy dessert recipe using Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls.
The Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls form the crust of the pie which is filled with canned cherry pie filling.
The pie is topped with crushed Cinnamon Bun Oreo cookies.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this pie I started by cutting each of the eight cinnamon rolls into four pieces.
Then I placed all the cinnamon bun pieces into the bottom of a greased 9 inch glass pie plate.
I baked the cinnamon bun pieces until they were golden brown and then removed them from the oven.
I used a metal spoon to press down the cinnamon bun pieces starting in the middle of the pie plate and working my way out to form a pie crust shape.
I didn’t push down on the pieces at the very edge of the pan because I wanted my pie crust to come up the sides of the pie pan.
I poured the cherry pie filling into the cinnamon bun crust.
Then I placed some Cinnamon Bun Oreos into a Ziploc bag and used a heavy bottomed pot to break them up into pieces.
I sprinkled the Oreo pieces over the cherry pie filling.
Then I took the icing that came with the Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls and heated it in the microwave for 10 seconds.
I drizzled the icing over the Oreo pieces.
Then the pie was ready to slice and serve.
This cherry pie is a bit messy but totally delicious.
I love the combination of the cinnamon buns and cherries and the Oreos add a nice crunch.
Try this Cinnamon Bun Cherry Pie if you are looking for a fun and easy dessert recipe.
If you are looking for more easy dessert recipes check out Caramel Chocolate Cream Cheese Stuffed Cookies, Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies, White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Pie and Mars Bar Stuffed Crescent Rolls.
⇒ Click Here And Follow Me On Pinterest ⇐
Cinnamon Bun Cherry Pie
Cinnamon Bun Cherry Pie is an easy pie recipe using Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls and canned cherry pie filling. This cherry pie is topped with crumbled Cinnamon Bun Oreos.
- 12.4 oz pkg Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls with original icing
- 21 oz can cherry pie filling
- 8 Cinnamon Bun Oreos
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut each of the eight cinnamon buns into four pieces.
- Place the cinnamon bun pieces into a greased 9 inch pie plate. Try to space them out evenly.
- Bake the cinnamon bun pieces until golden brown. 16-17 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon bun pieces from the oven and use a metal spoon to press down on them starting in the center and working your way out. This will form your pie crust shape. Don't press down on the pieces at the very edge of the pie plate because you want the pie crust to come up the sides of the plate.
- Pour the cherry pie filling into the pie crust.
- Place the Oreos in a Ziploc bag and crush with a heavy bottomed pot or a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle the Oreo pieces on top of the cherry pie filling.
- Take the icing that came with the Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls and heat it in the microwave for 10 seconds. Drizzle the icing over the Oreo pieces.
- Slice and serve your pie.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 400
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.