These Grilled Sweet Potatoes are the perfect summer side dish. They are super easy to make and cook up on the grill next to the rest of your meal.
The warm weather is finally here to stay and that means BBQ season. I’ve been grilling lots of hamburgers and hot dogs so far this year but this time I felt like some steak.
Since I was cooking the steak outside on the grill I wanted to come up with a simple side dish I could cook on the grill too and avoid turning on my oven. I often cook regular potatoes on the grill but this was my first time grilling sweet potatoes and I was so happy with the result.
I started by dicing the sweet potatoes into bite size pieces and dumping them into a 9 x 13 inch foil pan. I know a lot of people grill their vegetables in packets of aluminum foil but I find using the pans so much easier.
I poured some sweet corn over the potatoes along with some diced onions and chopped bacon. I seasoned everything with salt, pepper and Montreal steak spice.
The pan was covered with aluminum foil and placed on the preheated grill.
After fifteen minutes I stirred the potatoes a bit and then continued grilling them for another fifteen minutes.
The sweet potatoes were nice and soft and really absorbed the flavour of the bacon.
This is an excellent side dish to serve with steak, chicken or anything else you might be grilling up.
Try these Grilled Sweet Potatoes the next time you are cooking on the grill.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 11oz can sweet corn
- 1 cup onions, diced
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 tbsp Montreal steak spice
- Preheat grill to medium.
- Peel sweet potatoes and dice into bite sized pieces.
- Dump potatoes into a greased 9 x 13 inch foil cake pan.
- Drain canned corn and then pour it on top of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle onions and chopped bacon on top of the corn.
- Season with Montreal steak spice and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and place on the grill.
- Allow to cook for fifteen minutes and then stir the potatoes a bit.
- Cover the pan back up and continue cooking for another ten to fifteen minutes until sweet potatoes are nice and soft.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.