Baked Italian Sausage Ravioli is a delicious easy weeknight dinner.
I’ve made ravioli from scratch before by making my own pasta dough and rolling it out with my pasta maker but it definitely takes a bit of time.
Last night I really wanted ravioli but did not feel like all the time and effort that goes into making pasta from scratch.
But then I thought, “Hey, why not use Wonton wrappers?”
Wonton wrappers are already cut to the perfect size for ravioli so all you have do do is fill them, seal them and cook them up.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
I also saved time on the filling for my ravioli buying some Italian sausages and just squeezing out the meat.
That way the meat was already seasoned and all I had to do was go ahead and stuff it in the ravioli.
To assemble the ravioli I laid out half of the wonton wrappers and place a ball of the meat in the center of each one.
I made sure to keep the meat away from the edges of the wonton wrapper so that I wouldn’t have trouble closing the ravioli.
I dipped my fingertips in warm water and spread it around the edge of each wonton wrapper before placing another wrapper on top so that they would stick together better.
I also pressed all the edges down firmly once all the raviolis were assembled.
After they were all well sealed I placed them in a single layer in a greased baking dish but they did overlap a little bit.
I topped my raviolis with sauce, cheese, green onions, green peppers and on and then baked it all in the oven.
I love how this dish turned out.
The ravioli was cooked perfectly and all the melted cheese was amazing.
I served this dish with some caesar salad and garlic bread for a complete meal.
Try out this Baked Italian Sausage Ravioli next time you are in need of an easy dinner idea!
If you are looking for more easy dinner ideas check out Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole, Cajun Chicken and Biscuits Casserole and Chicken Bruschetta Casserole with Everything Bagels.
- 3 mild Italian sausages, about 10oz of meat
- 24 Wonton wrappers
- 24 oz Pasta Sauce, I used Classico Italian Sausage with Peppers & Onions
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup green peppers, diced
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove sausage meat from casings.
- Lay out 12 Wonton wrappers.
- Place a ball of meat in the middle of each wrapper and flatten the balls keeping the meat away from the edges of the wrappers.
- Put a bit of warm water in a small dish and use your finger tips to brush water on all the edges of the Wonton wrapper before placing another wrapper on top and pressing the edges together to seal the raviolis.
- Place the raviolis in a single layer in a greased 9x13" baking dish. They will overlap a bit.
- Pour the sauce over the raviolis and then sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan on top.
- Top the dish with the peppers, onions and bacon.
- Cover with tinfoil and place in oven for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes remove tinfoil and turn broiler on.
- Leave the dish under the broiler for 3-5 minutes until cheese starts to brown and then remove from oven.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 933Total Fat: 52gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 172mgSodium: 2501mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 6gSugar: 14gProtein: 60g
More Easy Dinner Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.