Maple Bacon Mashed Sweet Potatoes are an easy side dish recipe perfect for Thanksgiving.
These mashed sweet potatoes are made with maple syrup and real bacon bits.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this side dish recipe, I started by peeling and chopping up some sweet potatoes.
Then I placed the chopped up potatoes into a large pot and filled it with water.
I boiled the sweet potatoes until they could be easily broken apart with a fork.
Then I drained the water from the cooked potatoes and then returned them to the pot.
Then I mashed the potatoes with a potato masher.
I added some butter, maple syrup, salt, pepper and onion powder and stirred all of the ingredients into the mashed sweet potatoes.
Then I added some real bacon bits and stirred again.
I served the mashed sweet potatoes right away.
These Maple Bacon Mashed Sweet Potatoes are full of flavour and a lighter alternative to regular mashed potatoes.
These mashed sweet potatoes would be the perfect side dish for your next holiday dinner.
- 4 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- Peel sweet potatoes and chop them into large chunks.
- Place the chunks of potato into a large pot and fill with water.
- Boil the sweet potatoes until they can be broken apart easily with a fork. About 30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and then return them to the pot.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher.
- Add butter, maple syrup, salt, pepper and onion powder to the potatoes. Stir well.
- Add the bacon bits to the potatoes. Stir again.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 285Trans Fat: 0g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.