This Sweet Potato Casserole with Peaches, Pecans & Bacon is the perfect side dish for a holiday dinner.
Creamy mashed sweet potatoes are topped with sliced peaches and an oat crumble with pecans and bacon.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this sweet potato casserole I started by peeling and washing five large sweet potatoes.
Then I cut the sweet potatoes into large chunks and placed them in a large pot filled with water.
I boiled the sweet potatoes until I could easily break them apart with a fork.
Then I drained the water from the sweet potatoes.
I dumped the cooked sweet potato chunks into a large mixing mixing bowl and added some peach juice, salt, pepper, onions powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and two eggs.
I used an electric mixer to combine all of the ingredients until the mixture was nice and smooth.
Then I dumped the sweet potato mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dished and spread it out evenly.
I placed some peach slices on top of the sweet potatoes.
In a small mixing bowl I combined some oats, brown sugar, pecan pieces, real bacon bits and melted butter.
Then I stirred in some flour.
I sprinkled the oat mixture over the peaches.
Then I placed the dish in the oven and baked the casserole until the topping was just starting to brown.
I allowed the casserole to cool for about ten minutes before serving.
This sweet and savoury casserole is the perfect Thanksgiving side dish.
Be sure to serve this Sweet Potato Casserole with Peaches, Pecans & Bacon at your next holiday gathering.
- 5 sweet potatoes, large
- 28 oz canned peach slices
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp golden brown sugar
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 cup oats
- 1/3 cup golden brown sugar
- 4 oz pecan pieces
- 1/3 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Peel and wash sweet potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes into large chunks. Place the chunks in a large pot and fill it with water.
- Boil the sweet potatoes until you can break them apart easily with a fork. Then drain the water from the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Dump the cooked potato chunks into a large mixing bowl.
- Open the can of peaches and pour one cup of juice out of the can. Add the cup of juice to the bowl with the potatoes.
- Add the salt, pepper, onion powder, cinnamon, brown sugar and eggs to the bowl.
- Use an electric mixer to combine the ingredients until you have a nice, smooth mixture.
- Dump the potato mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Place peach slices in a single layer on top of the sweet potatoes.
- Pour the oats, brown sugar, pecan pieces, bacon bits and melted butter into a small mixing bowl. Combine with a fork.
- Add the flour to the mixture and continue stirring with the fork.
- Sprinkle the mixture over the peaches.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake until the crumble topping is starting to brown. 28 - 30 minutes.
- Allow the casserole to sit for 10-15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 364
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.