Bacon Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes are the perfect side dish for almost any meal.
These delicious mashed potatoes are smooth and loaded with flavour.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these cream cheese mashed potatoes I started by boiling some peeled red potatoes.
While the potatoes were cooking I melted some cream cheese in a saucepan along with some butter and milk.
Once the cream cheese and butter were completely melted I stirred in some real bacon bits, garlic puree and seasonings.
Then when the potatoes were fully cooked I drained the water and returned them to the pot.
I used a potato masher to break the potatoes up.
I mashed them really well until no lumps remained.
Then I poured the milk and cream cheese mixture in with the potatoes and stirred well.
These mashed potatoes are rich and loaded with bacon flavour.
They are smooth but not too wet.
I don’t like when mashed potatoes are the consistency of baby food.
These cream cheese mashed potatoes would be the perfect side dish for a Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner.
This recipe serves eight people so it’s perfect for when you have company.
If you are looking for a change from the usual boring side dishes you need to try these Bacon Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes.
⇒ Click Here And Follow Me On Pinterest ⇐
The Best Bacon Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Bacon Cream Cheese Mashed Potatoes are an easy side dish for almost any dinner. These creamy potatoes with a hint of garlic would be a great side for your Christmas or Thanksgiving meal.
- 5 lbs red potatoes, peeled
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 2 tsp garlic puree
- 1 tbsp dehydrated minced onion
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Place peeled potatoes in a large pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Continue boiling the potatoes until they can be broken apart easily with a fork. About 30 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, melt the cream cheese and butter with the milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once the cream cheese and butter are fully melted add in the bacon bits, garlic, minced onion, chives, salt and pepper. Stir well and reduce heat to low.
- When the potatoes are done boiling drain the water and return the potatoes to the pot.
- Use a potato masher to mash up the potatoes. Mash them really well until no lumps remain.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the potatoes and stir well until fully combined.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 326
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.