Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are a fun dessert for the whole family.
They are super easy to make and so delicious.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
These Rice Krispie squares are loaded with peanut butter and mini M&Ms.
I’ve always loved Rice Krispie squares and my daughter recently fell in love with those premade ones from the grocery store.
Homemade is always better so I set out to create the ultimate Rice Krispie squares.
I started by melting some butter and peanut butter together in a large saucepan.
Once they were completely melted I added some mini marshmallows to the pot and stirred until they melted too.
I removed the saucepan from the heat and stirred in the crispy rice cereal.
I was careful to mix well and make sure all the cereal got evenly coated.
Then I poured in some mini M&Ms and continued stirring.
I dumped the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and pressed it out evenly.
I sprayed my pan with Pam Spray For Baking.
I use it for pretty much everything as I find it much less greasy than other cooking sprays and also more effective.
I’ve never had trouble getting anything out of a pan when using that spray.
Then I poured some semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter into a small microwave bowl and heated them in the microwave.
I stirred the melted chocolate and butter together really well and then drizzled it over the Rice Krispie treats.
Then I put some peanut butter and butter in a small microwave safe bowl and heated them in the microwave.
I stirred the melted peanut butter and butter together really well and then drizzled it over the Rice Krispie treats.
I topped it all off with some more mini M&Ms.
Then I chilled the Rice Krispie treats for about 30 minutes before slicing.
The combination of the peanut butter and M&Ms add so much decadence to the Rice Krispie treats.
These Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats are the perfect dessert for chocolate and peanut butter lovers.
Whip up a batch of these Rice Krispie squares for your next party!
If you are looking for more peanut butter and chocolate desserts check out Peanut Butter Cookie S’Mores Cups, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip, Peanut Butter Ritz Cracker Toffee and Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge.
CLICK HERE to save this recipe on Pinterest!
⇒ Click Here And Follow Me On Pinterest ⇐
Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats
Delicious peanut butter Rice Krsipie squares loaded with mini M&Ms.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup mini M&Ms
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup mini M&Ms
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and peanut butter.
- Once they are fully melted stir in the marshmallows.
- Continue stirring until marshmallows are melted and then remove from heat.
- Add the crispy rice cereal to the saucepan and stir until evenly coated.
- Stir in the mini M&Ms.
- Press the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl microwave the chocolate chips and tbsp of butter on high for 45 seconds. Stir well and then drizzle over the squares.
- In another microwave safe bowl microwave the peanut butter and 1/2 tbsp of butter on high for 20 seconds. Stir well and drizzle over squares.
- Sprinkle the mini M&Ms on top.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before slicing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 311
More Rice Krispie Treat Recipes
More Peanut Butter Dessert Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.