Philly Cheese Steak and Dumplings is an easy dinner recipe that is a fun twist on the classic chicken and dumplings.
This thick and creamy dish is loaded with steak strips, green peppers, onions and cheese with Pillsbury biscuit dumplings.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make the steak and dumplings, I started by cutting some Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits into 6 pieces each.
Then I dumped some diced green peppers and diced onions into a large saucepan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine.
I cooked the peppers and onions until the onions were translucent.
Then I added some steak strips to the pan.
I cooked the steak until almost no pink remained.
Then I added some butter to the pan.
I stirred until the butter was completely melted and then I added some powdered beef gravy mix and all purpose flour to the pan.
I stirred all of the ingredients together well and continued cooking them for a few minutes.
Then I added some heavy cream, salt, pepper and onions powder to the pot.
I stirred well and then brought the liquid to a boil.
Once the liquid was boiling I reduced the heat to medium-low and added the biscuit pieces to the pot.
I gently stirred the pieces of biscuit dough into the liquid and then covered the pot.
I left the dish to continue cooking for twenty minutes, stirring every five just to make sure nothing stuck to the bottom of the pan.
Then I removed the pot from the heat and added some shredded mozzarella and cheddar.
I stirred the cheese into the dumpling mixture until it was melted.
Then I sprinkled some more cheese on top and didn’t stir it in.
I left the dish to sit for a few minutes so that the cheese on top could melt.
Then I served the steak and dumplings.
This hearty dish is loaded with steak and melted cheese.
If you are looking for a tasty new dinner idea then you need to try this Philly Cheese Steak and Dumplings!
- 2 cups green peppers, diced
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 lb steak, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 0.87 oz brown gravy mix
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 12 oz Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- Cut each of the Pillsbury biscuits into 6 pieces.
- Dump diced green peppers and diced onions into a large sauce pan over medium-high heat with a dab of butter or margarine.
- Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the steak strips to the pan. Cook until almost no pink remains.
- Add the butter to the pan and stir until melted.
- Add the gravy mix and flour to the pan.
- Stir well and continue cooking for a few minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, pepper and onion powder to the pan.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Once the liquid is boiling reduced the heat to medium-low.
- Add the pieces of biscuit dough to the pot, stir gently and cover the pot.
- Continue cooking over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pan.
- Add 2 cups of the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend to the pot and stir well.
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese on top and don't stir. Leave the dish to sit for a few minutes so that the cheese on top can melt.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1852
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.