Philly Cheese Steak Crescent Bake is any easy beef dinner recipe that tastes just like the classic sandwich.
This dish is loaded with sliced steak, green peppers, onions and cheddar cheese and topped with a sheet of delicious Pillsbury crescent roll dough.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this dish I started by cooking up some steak slices in a frying pan.
I bought a package of pre-sliced steak for stir frying in my grocery store’s meat department but you could use any steak and just slice it into thin strips yourself.
I seasoned the steak with Montreal Steak Spice and then added in some largely diced green peppers and onions.
Next I poured in some water and powdered beef gravy mix and left it all to cook for a bit, stirring occasionally.
Then I spread the steak mixture out on a 10 x 15 inch baking sheet not leaving a bit of room between the mixture and the edges of the pan all the way around.
I sprinkled some grated marble cheese over the steak mixture.
Next I unrolled a sheet of Pillsbury crescent dough and placed it over everything stretching it slightly to cover all the steak mixture.
I placed the Philly Cheese Steak in the oven and baked it until the crescent dough was nicely browned all across the top.
This delicious Philly Cheese Steak serves four people and is perfect for a night when you need to get dinner on the table in a hurry.
Be sure to try this Philly Cheese Steak Crescent Bake if you are in need of an easy dinner recipe.
If you are looking for more easy dinner ideas check out Cream Cheese Bacon Chicken Tacos, Cheeseburger Casserole and Chicken Bruschetta Casserole.
CLICK HERE to save this recipe on Pinterest!
⇒ Click Here And Follow Me On Pinterest ⇐
Philly Cheese Steak Crescent Bake
Philly Cheese Steak Crescent Bake is an easy dinner recipe with all the flavours of the classic Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich. Sliced steak, green peppers, onions and cheddar cheese are topped by a sheet of Pillsbury crescent roll dough.
- 0.75 lbs steak, I use the pre-sliced stir fry steak from my grocery store
- 2 tsp Montreal steak spice
- 2 medium green peppers, diced large
- 1 medium white onion, diced large
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tbsp powdered beef gravy mix
- 2 cups marble cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 pkg Pillsbury crescent rolls, 8oz pkg with 8 rolls
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- If your steak is not pre-sliced cut it into thin strips before cooking.
- Place the steak slices into a large frying pan and cook over medium-high heat with a bit of margarine or oil.
- Season the steak with Montreal steak spice while it's cooking.
- Once there is only a small amount of pink still visible on the steak pieces add the diced peppers and onions to the frying pan and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the water and the powdered gravy mix to the pan. Continue cooking for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Dump the steak mixture onto a 10 x 15 inch cookie sheet and spread it out evenly leaving a small gap between the mixture and the edges of the pan all the way around.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the steak mixture.
- Unroll the Pillsbury crescent dough and then place it over top of everything.
- You may have to stretch the dough slightly to get it to cover everything.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until the crescent dough is nicely browned all across the top. 13 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, slice and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 629
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.