Philly Cheese Steak Grilled Cheese Casserole is an easy dinner recipe loaded with roast beef, onions, green peppers and cheese all sandwiched between layers of toasted bread.
Philly Cheese Steak Grilled Cheese Casserole is a fun twist on a classic sandwich.
This simple and delicious casserole is loaded with roast beef, green peppers, onions and oozing with mozzarella cheese.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this Philly Cheese Steak Casserole, I started by chopping up some deli slices of roast beef.
I dumped the diced roast beef into a large frying pan over medium-heat along with some diced green peppers and diced onions.
I stirred all of the ingredients together and cooked them until the onions were translucent.
Then I added some powdered gravy mix and water to the pan.
I stirred everything together really well and then removed the pan from the heat.
I spread six slices of bread with margarine and cut them all in half.
I lay the pieces of bread, margarine side down, in the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
Then I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the bread.
I spooned the roast beef mixture over the cheese, being sure to spread it out evenly.
Then I sprinkled some more shredded cheese over the roast beef.
I spread margarine on six more slices of bread and cut them in half.
Then I placed the pieces of bread, margarine side up, on top of the cheese.
I placed the dish in the oven and baked the casserole until the pieces of bread were starting to brown on top.
I sliced and served the casserole immediately after removing it from the oven.
This hearty casserole is oozing with cheese and packed with flavour.
If you are looking for a fun new weeknight dinner idea then you need to try this Philly Cheese Steak Grilled Cheese Casserole!
- 9 oz thinly sliced roast beef
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- 0.87 oz brown gravy mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 slices bread
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Chop roast beef slices into small pieces.
- Dump the pieces of roast beef into a large frying pan over medium-high heat with a dab of butter or margarine.
- Add the diced onions and green pepper to the pan.
- Stir all of the ingredients together and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the gravy mix and water to the pan.
- Stir until everything is coated in gravy. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Spread 1/4 cup of margarine on six of the slices of bread.
- Cut the slices of bread in half and place them, margarine sided down, in a single layer on the bottom of a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle 2 cups of the shredded mozzarella on top of the bread.
- Spoon the roast beef mixture on top of the cheese, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of cheese on top of the roast beef.
- Spread 1/4 cup of margarine on the remaining six slices of bread and cut them in half.
- Place the pieces of bread in a single layer on top of the cheese, margarine side up.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake until the bread is starting to brown on top. 26 - 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 612
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.