These Red Velvet Parfaits are the perfect dessert for Valentine’s Day or any other time of the year. Red velvet cake is combined with chocolate peanut butter pudding, cool whip and toasted coconut to make this delicious treat.
Today I really wanted to make a nice dessert for after dinner but didn’t feel like driving all the way to the store.
I started digging through my cupboards to see what I could find. I pretty much always have a spare box of cake mix and an instant pudding on hand. This time I had red velvet mix and chocolate pudding. I also had a tub of cool whip in the freezer.
All the ingredients for a prefect parfait. I only used have the cake mix for these parfaits but i cooked the whole thing and froze half to use another time.
While the cake was cooking I spread out the coconut on a foil lined baking sheet and placed it in the oven as well to toast it.
I mixed the instant chocolate pudding mix with some milk, cool whip and peanut butter to make a chocolate peanut butter pudding.
I placed a spoonful of pudding in each of eight 6oz wine glasses.
I broke my cake up with a spoon after baking so that it would cool faster. Once it was cooled I divided the chunks evenly between the wine glasses over the pudding, reserving some crumbs to use as a topping.
I then spooned the remaining pudding over the cake and topped it with cool whip.
To finish off my parfaits I sprinkled the tops with toasted coconut and red velvet cake crumbs.
Try these Red Velvet Parfaits next time you are need of some yummy individual desserts.
If you are looking for more dessert recipes check out Caramel Chocolate Cream Cheese Stuffed Cookies, Peanut Butter S’mores Cookie Cups and Peanut Butter Ritz Bits Toffee.
Red Velvet Parfaits
- 1/2 box red velvet cake mix, and ingredients to prepare it according to instructions on the box
- 1 box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Prepare cake mix according to instructions on box.
- While the cake is cooking spread 1/2 cup of coconut on a foil lined baking sheet and place in the oven as well. Cook for 4-6 minutes until coconut is browned.
- When cake is done cooking use a spoon to break it up and allow it to cool.
- To prepare the pudding mixture combine the pudding mix with 1 cup milk using an electric mixture. Add in the peanut butter and then 1/2 of the cool whip.
- Keep the pudding in the fridge until you are ready to assemble the parfaits.
- When the cake has cooled completely you can assemble the parfaits. I put mine in wine glasses but you could use any glass that holds 6-8oz.
- Start by placing a spoonful of the pudding mixture in each of the 8 glasses. Then add cake crumbs till the glasses are just over half filled. Make sure you save some cake crumbs for the top of the parfaits.
- Add more pudding and then a layer of cool whip.
- Top off the parfaits with toasted coconut and cake crumbs.
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.