Whipped Shortbread with Peanut Butter Cups is an easy cookie recipe perfect for the holidays.
These classic whipped shortbread cookies topped with Reese’s Minis are sure to please the peanut butter lovers in your life.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these easy shortbread cookies, I started by dumping some softened butter into a large mixing bowl with some confectioner’s sugar.
I used an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
It is very important to use butter for this recipe.
If you use margarine or another substitute the cookies will not turn out.
Then I added some all-purpose flour and cornstarch to the bowl.
I continued mixing with the electric mixer until a sticky dough formed and it was no longer crumbly.
I gently rolled the shortbread dough into one inch balls and placed them on an ungreased baking sheet.
Then I placed one Reese’s Mini in the center of each ball of dough and pressed them down into the cookie dough.
I placed the cookie sheet in the oven and baked the cookies until they were just starting to brown around the bottom edges.
Then I removed the cookies from the oven and used a spatula to transfer them from the hot pan onto some parchment paper to cool off.
These delicious cookies are rich and buttery.
If you are looking for a fun twist on the classic shortbread cookie then you need to try these Whipped Shortbread Cookies with Peanut Butter Cups!
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 30 Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Minis
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Dump softened butter and confectioner's sugar into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add the flour and corn starch to the bowl.
- Continue mixing with the electric mixer until a sticky dough forms and the mixture is no longer crumbly.
- Roll the cookie dough into one inch balls and place on an ungreased baking sheet. Leave at least 2 inches between the balls.
- Place one Reese's Mini in the center of each cookie and press them down into the dough.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven and bake until the cookies are just starting to brown around their bottom edges. 9 - 11 minutes.
- Use a spatula to transfer the cookies from the hot pan to some parchment paper on the counter to cool off.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.