Cheesy Tortellini with Sausage is an easy one pot dinner recipe loaded with ground sausage meat and topped with mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
Cheesy Tortellini with Sausage is an easy pasta recipe using refrigerated cheese tortellini and mild Italian sausage.
This cheesy pasta is packed with flavour and is sure to please the whole family.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
This sausage tortellini takes only thirty minutes from start to finish and serves four people.
To make this baked tortellini, I started by removing the casings from some mild Italian sausages.
I dumped the sausage meat into a 5 quart oven safe pan over medium-high heat.
I cooked the sausage meat, breaking it up well as it cooked.
Once the sausage meat was fully cooked, I added some water to the pan.
Then I added some refrigerated cheese tortellini to the pan.
I spread the tortellini out as evenly as possible and then brought the liquid to a boil.
Once the liquid was boiling, I covered the pan with a lid and left the pasta to cook for four minutes.
After four minutes, I removed the lid and stirred the pasta well.
Then I reduced the heat to low.
I added some spinach and cheese pasta sauce to the pan.
I stirred until all of the pasta was coated in sauce.
Then I sprinkled some shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheese on top of the pasta.
I placed the pan in the oven and baked the pasta until the cheese was completely melted.
This cheesy baked tortellini is an easy weeknight dinner recipe perfect for cold weather.
You could also use hot Italian sausage in the recipe if you like a little more of a kick.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious baked pasta recipe, then you need to try this Cheesy Tortellini with Sausage.
More Pasta Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1 lb mild Italian sausages
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 18 oz refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 24 oz Classico Florentine Spinach & Cheese Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove sausage meat from casings.
- Heat a 5 quart oven safe pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the sausage meat to the pan.
- Cook the sausage meat and crumble it well.
- Once the sausage meat is fully cooked and the water to the pan.
- Add the cheese tortellini to the pan and spread it out as evenly as possible.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, then cover the pan and leave it to continue cooking for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes remove the lid from the pan and stir well.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Add the pasta sauce to the pan and stir well.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the pasta.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake until the cheese is completely melted and just starting to brown around the edges. 10-12 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.