Chicken and Dumplings Casserole is an easy dinner recipe using shredded rotisserie chicken, cream of chicken soup, canned veggies and Bisquick.
Chicken and Dumplings Casserole is a hearty chicken casserole recipe perfect for cold weather.
This simple chicken casserole is loaded with veggies and topped with dumplings made from Bisquck.
This chicken and dumplings casserole takes less than an hour from start to finish and serves 6 people.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this chicken casserole, I started by dumping some shredded rotisserie chicken into a large mixing bowl.
I added some condensed cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and ground sage to the bowl.
I stirred until all of the ingredients were fully combined.
Then I added some milk, canned corn and canned peas and carrots to the bowl.
I stirred well again.
Then I poured the chicken mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
I dumped some Bisquick mix and milk into a medium mixing bowl.
I stirred until a sticky dough formed.
Then I dropped the dough, by the tablespoon, on top of the chicken mixture.
I covered the baking dish with aluminum foil and placed it in the oven.
I baked the casserole for thirty minutes and then removed the foil.
I continued baking the casserole, uncovered until the biscuits were just starting to brown on top.
Then I removed the casserole from the oven and left it to sit for a few minutes before serving.
This tasty chicken casserole is sure to please the whole family.
If you are looking for a simple but delicious recipe using rotisserie chicken, then you need to try this Chicken and Dumplings Casserole!
More Chicken and Dumplings Recipes You’ll Love…
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 21 oz condensed cream of chicken soup (2 cans)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp garlic powdr
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8.75 oz canned corn, not drained
- 8.5 oz canned peas and carrots, not drained
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick mix
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Dump shredded chicken, condensed cream of chicken soup, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and ground sage into a large mixing bowl.
- Stir until ingredients are fully combined.
- Add milk, canned corn and canned peas and carrots to the bowl.
- Stir well again.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Dump Bisquick mix and milk into a medium mixing bowl.
- Stir until a sticky dough forms
- Drop the dough by the tablespooon on top of the chicken mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and place it in the oven.
- Bake for 28 minutes and then remove the foil.
- Continue baking uncovered until the dumplings are just starting to brown on top. 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and allow it to sit for a couple of minutes before serving.
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.