Cajun Chicken and Dumplings with Bacon are an easy chicken dinner recipe using Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits.
This thick and creamy dish is loaded with rotisserie chicken, corn, real bacon bits and seasoned with Clubhouse Cajun spice for a bit of a kick.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these chicken and dumplings, I started by dumping some butter and diced onions into a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
I cooked the onions until they were translucent.
Then I added some all-purpose flour to the pot.
I stirred all of the ingredients together really well and then continued to cook them until the flour just started to brown.
Then I added some condensed chicken broth to the pot and stirred really well again.
I also added some heavy cream to the pot, stirred well and then brought the liquid to a boil.
While I was waiting for the liquid to come to a boil, I cut some Pillsbury biscuits into quarters.
Once the liquid was boiling I added some canned corn, shredded rotisserie chicken, real bacon bits, salt, pepper and Clubhouse Cajun seasoning to the pot.
I stirred the ingredients together really well and then added the pieces of biscuit dough to the pot.
I stirred the biscuit pieces into the liquid very gently and then covered the pot and reduced the heat to medium-low.
I left the chicken and dumplings to simmer for twenty minutes, stirring about every five minutes just to make sure nothing stuck to the bottom of the pot.
Then I sprinkled the dish with some chopped green onions right before serving.
This quick and easy chicken recipe is the perfect comfort food dish for cold weather.
These easy chicken and dumpling made using Pillsbury biscuits take less than 40 minutes from start to finish and serve four people.
If you are looking for a new recipe idea using rotisserie chicken then you need to try these Cajun Chicken and Dumplings with Bacon!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 10.5 oz chicken broth
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 8.75 oz canned corn
- 2 cups chicken cooked, shredded
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tsp Clubhouse Cajun seasoning
- 12 oz Pillsbury biscuits
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, cook butter and diced onions until onions are translucent.
- Add the flour to the pot and stir well.
- Continue cooking until the flour just starts to turn golden brown.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and stir really well.
- Add the cream and stir again.
- Bring the liquid to a boil. While waiting for the liquid to come to a boil cut the Pillsbury biscuits into quarters.
- Once the liquid is boiling add the canned corn (drain it first), shredded chicken, real bacon bits, salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning to the pot. Stir well.
- Add the pieces of biscuit dough to the pot and stir gently.
- Cover the pot and reduce heat to medium-low.
- Continue cooking the chicken and dumplings for 20 minutes while covered, stirring gently every 5 minutes to make sure nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot.
- After twenty minutes stir well and sprinkle with chopped green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1477Total Fat: 120gSaturated Fat: 68gTrans Fat: 6gUnsaturated Fat: 44gCholesterol: 365mgSodium: 2813mgCarbohydrates: 69gFiber: 4gSugar: 18gProtein: 36g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.