Chicken and Dumplings Soup is a hearty soup recipe using shredded rotisserie chicken, loaded with veggies and Pillsbury biscuit dumplings.
Chicken and Dumplings Soup is an easy chicken dinner or lunch recipe perfect for cold weather.
This thick and creamy chicken soup is loaded with small dumplings made from pieces of Pillsbury refrigerated biscuit dough.
This easy chicken soup with dumplings takes less than forty minutes from start to finish and serves four people as a main dish.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this chicken soup, I started by dumping some butter into a large pot on the stove over medium-high heat.
Once the butter was completely melted, I added some all purpose flour to the pot.
I stirred until the flour and butter were fully combined.
Then I left the flour and butter mixture to cook for a few minutes until it was just starting to brown.
I add some condensed chicken broth to the pot and stirred well.
Then I added some water and milk to the pot and stirred well again.
I added some shredded rotisserie chicken, salt, pepper, onion powder and ground sage to the pot.
I also added some canned corn, peas and carrots to the pot.
I stirred well and then brought the liquid to a boil.
While I was waiting for the liquid to boil, I opened a package of Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits and cut each one into eight pieces.
Once the liquid was boiling, I added the pieces of biscuit dough to the pot and stirred gently.
Then I covered the pot and reduced the heat to low.
I left the soup to continue cooking for twenty minutes, stirring every five minutes so that nothing would stick to the bottom of the pot.
After twenty minutes, I removed the lid and turned off the heat.
Then the hearty chicken and dumplings soup was ready to serve.
This creamy chicken soup is sure to please the whole family.
If you are looking for a simple and delicious recipe using shredded rotisserie chicken, then you need to try this Chicken and Dumplings Soup!
More Dumpling Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup all purpose flour
- 10.5 oz condensed chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp ground sage
- 8.75 oz canned corn, not drained
- 8.5 oz canned peas and carrots, not drained
- 12 oz Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- Dump butter into a large pot on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Once butter is completely melted, add the flour to the pot.
- Stir well and then leave the flour mixture to cook for a few minutes until it just starts to brown slightly.
- Add the condensed chicken broth to the pot and stir well.
- Add the water and milk to the pot and stir again.
- Add the shredded chicken, salt, pepper, onion powder, ground sage, canned corn and canned peas and carrots to the pot.
- Stir well and bring to a boil.
- While waiting for the soup to boil, open the package of Pillsbury biscuits and cut each one into 8 pieces.
- Once the soup is boiling, add the biscuit pieces to the pot.
- Stir gently, cover the pot and reduce the heat to low.
- Leave the soup to cook for twenty minutes, stirring every five minutes so that nothing sticks to the bottom of the pot.
- After twenty minutes, remove the lid from the pan and turn off the heat.
- Serve and enjoy.
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.