Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings is an easy dinner recipe using boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
This chicken and dumpling recipe uses Pillsbury refrigerated biscuit dough and is loaded with cheese and bacon.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these chicken and dumplings, I started by cutting some boneless, skinless chicken thighs into large cubes.
I set my Instant Pot to Saute Less for 7 minutes and then added a dab of margarine to the pot.
I dumped the cubes of chicken into the pot and left them to cook, stirring occasionally.
While the chicken was cooking I took some Pillsbury biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into 9 pieces.
When the Instant Pot turned off the chicken was still slightly pink.
I added some condensed chicken broth, water, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to the pot on top of the chicken.
Then I sprinkled the pieces of biscuit dough over top, trying to spread them out evenly.
I poured some cream of chicken soup, canned sweet corn, and real bacon bits on top of the biscuit dough.
Then I placed the lid on the Instant Pot, turned the steam release handle to the sealing position and set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook High for 4 minutes.
When the Instant Pot was done cooking, I immediately turned the steam release handle to the venting position and did a quick release.
I stirred the contents of the pot really well.
Then I scooped the chicken and dumplings into serving bowls and sprinkled shredded mozzarella and cheddar on top.
These cheesy chicken and dumplings are a hearty meal the whole family will love.
This recipe was tested in an 8 quart Instant Pot Duo and serves 6.
If you are looking for a new chicken dinner idea for your Instant Pot, then you need to try these Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings with Cheese and Bacon!
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 12 oz Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits
- 10.5 oz condensed chicken broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp onion powder
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 x 10.5 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
- 8.75 oz canned sweet corn, drained
- 1/2 cup bacon crumble
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheddar blend
- Cut chicken thighs into one inch cubes.
- Set Instant Pot to Saute Less for 7 minutes.
- Add a dab of margarine to the pot and then add the chicken cubes.
- Leave the chicken to cook, stirring occasionally.
- While the chicken is cooking open the biscuit dough and cut each biscuit into 9 pieces.
- When the Instant Pot turns off, add the chicken broth, water, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to the pot.
- Sprinkle the biscuit dough pieces on top. Do not stir.
- Dump the cream of chicken soup, canned corn and bacon crumble on top. Do not stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot, turn the steam release handle to the sealing position and set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook High for 4 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, turn the steam release handle to the venting position and do a quick release.
- Stir well.
- Spoon the chicken and dumplings into bowls and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
*this recipe was tested in an 8 quart Instant Pot Duo
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 639Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 174mgSodium: 1914mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 44g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.