Cookies and Cream Red Velvet Cookie Bars are an easy cake mix cookie recipe.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
These beautiful red cookie bars are loaded with mini Oreos and Hershey’s Cookies and Cream chocolate bar pieces.
This easy dessert recipe requires very little prep and the result is a delicious cookie bar that would be a perfect addition to your Christmas baking list.
To make these red velvet cookie bars I combined a box of red velvet cake mix with some eggs and melted butter.
Once those ingredients had been mixed well with an electric mixer, I stirred in some mini Oreos.
I dumped the mixture out onto a greased 11 x 17 inch baking sheet and spread it out into a thin and even layer.
I greased my baking sheet with Pam Spray For Baking.
I use this cooking spray for pretty much everything because I find it way less greasy than other sprays and also very effective.
I’ve never had trouble removing anything from a pan when using this spray.
I baked the cookie bars until a toothpick inserted in the center came up with just a few crumbs.
After removing the red velvet cookie bars from the oven I placed pieces of Hershey’s Cookies and Cream chocolate bars on top and pressed them down into the bars.
I drizzled the chocolate over the cookie bars and then set them aside to cool.
Once the red velvet cookie bars had cooled I cut them into 36 rectangular pieces.
These delicious cookie bars are rich and chocolatey.
Try these Cookies and Cream Red Velvet Cookie Bars if you are looking for an easy dessert recipe for the holidays, or any time of year.
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs, large
- 8 oz mini Oreos
- 12 snack size Hershey's Cookies and Cream bars
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large mixing bowl combine cake mix, melted butter and eggs with electric mixer.
- Once fully combined stir in the mini Oreos.
- Pour the mixture onto a greased 11 x 17 inch baking sheet and spread out into a thin and even layer covering the whole pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes up with just a few crumbs.
- Remove the cookie bars from the oven.
- Break the Cookies and Cream Bars into pieces and place the pieces on the cookie bars pressing them down so that they will stick.
- Place the tbsp of butter and the semi-sweet chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for thirty seconds. Stir well.
- If the chocolate is not completely melted continue microwaving and stirring for thirty seconds at a time until it is melted.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cookie bars.
- Allow the cookie bars to cool and then slice into pieces.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.