These Easy Peanut Butter Bars are the perfect easy dessert recipe for any occasion.
Creamy peanut butter filling mixed with Rice Krispies cereal for some crunch, is sandwiched between layers of chocolate and chocolate chip cookie.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
These chocolate peanut butter bars are even more addictive than Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups!
Chocolate and peanut butter are my absolute favourite dessert combination and I am always coming up with new recipes to try.
For this recipe I wanted to make a fun twist on classic no bake peanut butter bars.
I made these squares in a 9×13 inch dish with a lid. If you don’t own one I highly recommend you get some.
No more fighting with cling wrap!
I started with a base of Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough that I baked until it was just starting to brown around the edges.
I was careful not to over bake them because I wanted the base of my bars to be chewy not crunchy.
I sprayed my pan with Pam Spray For Baking.
I use it for pretty much everything as I find it much less greasy than other cooking sprays and also more effective.
I’ve never had trouble getting anything out of a pan when using this spray.
I made the peanut butter filling by combining peanut butter, butter, icing sugar and Rice Krispies cereal.
The peanut butter filling was spread over the chocolate chip cookie base and then topped with melted chocolate.
I allowed the peanut butter bars to chill in the refrigerator for about two hours before slicing them.
These chocolate peanut butter squares are slightly messy but so delicious.
They would make the perfect Thanksgiving or Christmas dessert.
If you are looking for more chocolate and peanut butter treats check out Peanut Butter Cookie S’Mores Cups, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars, Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Dip, Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats and Peanut Butter Cup Cup French Toast.
- 16.5 oz Pillsbury Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Press out cookie dough to cover the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Bake cookie dough for 13-15 minutes until just starting to brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- While the cookie base is cooling cream together the peanut butter and softened butter with an electric mixer.
- Once smooth gradually add in the icing sugar with the mixer still running.
- Stir the Rice Krispies cereal into the peanut butter mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the cookie base.
- Place chocolate chips and butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45 seconds.
- Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Spread chocolate over the peanut butter mixture. The chocolate layer will be very thin.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266
More Chocolate Peanut Butter Desserts
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.