Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup is a hearty comfort food dish perfect for cold weather.
This easy soup recipe is loaded with rotisserie chicken and alphabet noodles.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this chicken noodle soup, I started by melting some butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
Then I added some diced onions and diced celery to the pot.
I cooked the diced veggies until the onions were translucent and then I added some all-purpose flour to the pot.
I stirred the flour with the butter and diced veggies and allowed it to cook until the flour was just starting to brown.
Then I added some condensed chicken broth to the pot and stirred well.
I added some milk to the pot as well and stirred again.
I brought the liquid to a boil and then added some uncooked alphabet shaped noodles to the pot.
I stirred well and reduced the heat to medium and allowed the noodles to cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Then I added some shredded rotisserie chicken and seasonings to the pot.
I stirred all of the ingredients into the soup, reduced the heat to low and let the soup continue to simmer for another five minutes.
Then the soup was ready to serve.
This thick and creamy chicken noodle soup is the perfect lunch or dinner recipe for this winter weather.
If you are looking for an easy recipe using rotisserie chicken then be sure to try this Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 10.5 oz condensed chicken broth
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup alphabet noodles, uncooked
- 2 cups chicken cooked, shredded
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp ground sage
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the diced onions and celery to the pot with the melted butter.
- Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the flour and stir well.
- Let the flour cook for a few minutes until it starts to brown slightly.
- Add the condensed chicken broth and stir well.
- Add the milk and stir again.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add the uncooked alphabet noodles to the pot, stir well and reduce heat to medium.
- Let the soup simmer for 5 minutes stirring occasionally, then reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the shredded chicken, garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder and ground sage to the pot and stir well.
- Leave the soup to continue cooking for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- If you find the soup too thick at this point, you can add up to a cup of water to get it to your desired consistency.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 497
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.