Cream Cheese Potato Bacon Soup is an easy winter comfort food recipe that can be whipped up in twenty minutes from start to finish.
This hearty potato soup is made using instant mashed potatoes to save time.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
If you love potato bacon soup but hate taking the time to boil potatoes then this is the perfect recipe for you.
To make this soup I started by bringing some water and milk to a boil in a large pot.
I added some roasted garlic flavoured instant mashed potatoes to the boiling liquid and reduced the heat.
After stirring the potato mixture well I dropped in a brick of cream cheese and used a wooden spoon to break it apart.
Then I added some real bacon bits, dehydrated minced onions, dried chives and salt and pepper to the pot.
I stirred the soup well and then left it to simmer to give the cream cheese some time to melt.
After about ten minutes of simmering the soup was ready to serve.
This creamy potato bacon soup will warm you up on a cold day.
The bacon bits and cream cheese add tons of flavour to this soup and complement the garlic in the potatoes.
I served this soup with some freshly baked Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits.
Try this Cream Cheese Potato Bacon Soup if you are looking for a quick and easy dinner or lunch recipe.
If you are looking for more comfort food recipes check out Creamy Ground Chicken Chili, Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole, Cream Cheese Bacon Chicken Tacos, Bacon and Chicken Pot Pie with Crescent Rolls and Bacon Cheeseburger Pierogies.
- 2 cups milk
- 5 cups water
- 8 oz roasted garlic instant mashed potatoes
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup real bacon bits
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp dehydrated minced onion
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1 tbps dried chives
- In a large pot bring the water and milk to a boil.
- Once the liquid starts to boil reduce heat to medium-low and immediately pour in the instant mashed potatoes. Stir well.
- Add the brick of cream cheese to the pot. Break up the brick a bit using a spoon and then stir.
- Add 1/2 cup of bacon bits and 1 tbsp of dried chives to the pot.
- Also add the salt, pepper and dehydrated minced onion. Stir well.
- Allow the soup to simmer for about ten minutes stirring occasionally.
- If you find your soup too thick you can add a bit more water until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and sprinkle with bacon bits and chives.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.