Easy Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a delicious creamy soup recipe perfect for fall.
This hearty soup is loaded with shredded chicken and mini potato dumplings.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this chicken gnocchi soup, I started by dropping a dab of margarine into a large saucepan on the stove and turning the heat to medium high.
Then I dumped some diced onions and diced celery into the pot and cooked them, stirring occasionally until the onions just started to brown.
Then I added some chicken broth and water to the pot and increased the heat to bring the liquid to a boil.
Once the liquid was boiling I added the gnocchi to the pot and reduced the heat back to medium high.
I cooked the gnocchi until they floated to the surface of the liquid and then continued cooking them for an additional four minutes.
Then I added some cream of chicken soup, light cream, sage and pepper to the pot.
I stirred all of the ingredients together really well and then brought the soup back to a boil.
In a small bowl I combined some water and cornstarch until the cornstarch was completely dissolved.
Then I added the cornstarch mixture to the boiling soup and stirred well.
I also added some shredded chicken to the pot and stirred that in to the soup as well.
Then I reduced the heat to medium and allowed the soup to simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
I allowed the soup to cool for a few minutes before serving.
This Easy Chicken Gnocchi Soup is thick, creamy and full of flavour.
Serve this soup for lunch, dinner or even as an appetizer.
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 10.5 oz condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 12 oz store bought gnocchi , uncooked
- 10.5 oz condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups light cream, 20%MF
- 1/4 tsp sage, ground
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups chicken, cooked, shredded
- Place a large saucepan on the stove over medium high heat. Add a dab of margarine.
- Add the diced onions and diced celery to the pot. Cook them, stirring occasionally, until the onions just start to brown.
- Add the chicken broth and 2 cups of water to the pot. Increase the heat to bring the liquid to a boil.
- Once the liquid is boiling add the gnocchi to the pot and reduce the heat to medium high.
- Cook the gnocchi until it floats to the surface of the liquid and then cook it for an additional four minutes.
- Add the cream of chicken soup, light cream, sage and pepper to the pot. Stir well.
- Increase the heat to bring the soup back to a boil.
- In a small bowl stir together the 1/4 cup of water and the cornstarch until the cornstarch dissolves completely.
- Pour the cornstarch mixture into the boiling soup and stir well.
- Add the shredded chicken to the pot and stir well again.
- Reduce the heat to medium and allow the soup to simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the pot from the heat and allow the soup to cool for a few minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 471
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.