Creamy Cucumber Salad with Lime is a delicious summer side dish recipe using English cucumbers, fresh limes, red onions and chopped walnuts.
Creamy cucumber salad is an easy cold side dish recipe perfect for summer potlucks and barbecues.
This refreshing salad is made with thinly sliced cucumbers, red onions and walnuts all tossed in a creamy lime dressing.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this cucumber salad, I started by using a v slicer mandoline to thinly slice some English cucumbers.
Then I placed the cucumber slices in a large colander and tossed them with salt.
I placed the colander in the sink and left the cucumbers to sweat for an hour.
This sweating process removes the excess liquid from the cucumbers.
If you skip this step you will have a watery salad.
After an hour I gently dabbed the cucumbers with paper towel to soak up the remaining liquid and then transferred the slices to a large mixing bowl.
Then I zested some limes and added the lime zest to the bowl.
I also added some sliced red onions to the bowl.
I stirred all of the ingredients together.
Then I squeezed some fresh lime juice from the limes add added it to the bowl.
I also added some mayo, Kraft creamy coleslaw dressing and chopped walnuts.
I stirred all of the ingredients together until the cucumber slices were completely coated in the dressing.
I refrigerated the salad for one hour.
Then I transferred the salad to a serving bowl and decorated it with some more lime zest and a lime twist.
This beautiful summer salad is the perfect way to use up some cucumbers from your garden.
If you are looking for a simple but delicious side dish that is sure to impress, then you need to try this Creamy Cucumber Salad with Lime!
- 2 English cucumbers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup red onion, sliced
- 3 small limes
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup Kraft creamy coleslaw dressing
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Use a mandolin to thinly slice the cucumbers.
- Place the cucumber slices in a large colander and toss them with 1 tsp of salt.
- Place the colander in the sink and leave the cucumbers to sweat for an hour.
- After an hour gently dab the cucumbers with paper towel to absorb the remaining liquid and then transfer the slices to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sliced red onion to the bowl.
- Zest the limes until you have 1 tbsp of lime zest.
- Add the zest to the bowl.
- Stir all of the ingredients in the mixing bowl together.
- Use a juice press to juice the limes until you have 2 tbsp of lime juice.
- Add the lime juice to the bowl.
- Add the mayo, coleslaw dressing, chopped walnuts, salt and pepper to the bowl.
- Stir well until all of the cucumber slices are coated in dressing.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Top the salad with more lime zest and a lime twist if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.