Hamburger Casserole with Tater Tots is an easy ground beef casserole recipe made with cream of mushroom soup, diced dill pickles and diced tomatoes, all topped with cheese and potatoes.
Hamburger Casserole with Tater Tots is a simple ground beef dinner recipe the whole family will love.
This hearty casserole recipe uses hamburger meat, cream of mushroom soup, mozzarella, cheddar and tater tots.
This ground beef and potato casserole takes about an hour to make and serves six people.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this hamburger casserole, I started by cooking some ground beef in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
When the ground beef was almost finished cooking I added some diced yellow onions to the pan.
Once the ground beef was fully cooked, I drained the excess grease from the pan.
Then I added some diced dill pickles and canned diced tomatoes to the pan.
I stirred well and then added some cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to the pan.
Then I stirred until all of the ingredients were coated in the soup.
Then I poured the mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses on top of the ground beef mixture.
Then I placed some tater tots in a single layer on top of the cheese.
I placed the dish in the oven and baked the casserole until the tater tots were golden brown on top.
I sliced and served the casserole immediately.
This cheesy ground beef casserole is sure to please both kids and adults.
If you are looking for an easy dinner recipe using hamburger meat, then you need to try this Hamburger Casserole with Tater Tots!
More Ground Beef Casserole Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup dill pickle, diced
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 10.5 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese blend
- 5 cups tater tots, frozen
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook ground beef in a large saute pan over medium-high heat with a dab of butter or margarine.
- Add the diced onions to the pan with the ground beef while it's cooking.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked, drain the grease from the pan.
- Add the diced pickles and diced tomatoes to the pan and stir.
- Add the cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to the pan. Stir well.
- Pour the ground beef mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the ground beef.
- Place the tater tots in a single layer on top of the cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake until the tater tots are golden brown on top. 43-46 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.