Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breasts are perfect for using in casseroles, sandwiches, pasta dishes and more.
This easy recipe produces about 6 cups of tender and delicious shredded chicken that can be used in any recipe calling for cooked and shredded chicken.
Instant Pot shredded chicken can be cooked in advanced and used in multiple dinner recipes throughout the week instead of using store bought rotisserie chicken.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this shredded chicken, I started by pouring a can of condensed chicken broth into my Instant Pot along with two cups of water and some Barbecue Chicken seasoning.
I stirred the ingredients until the seasoning was well mixed with the liquid.
Then I added 2.5 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breasts to the pot.
I placed the lid on the Instant Pot and turned it the the closed position.
I made sure the steam release handle was turned towards sealing and then set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook High for 12 minutes.
After the Instant Pot was done cooking, I immediately turned the steam release handle to the venting position and did a quick release.
I removed the chicken breasts from the pot and used forks to pull them apart.
The chicken was so tender that it basically fell apart.
I stored my chicken in an airtight container in the fridge because I was going to be using it up within a couple days but you could also portion it into Ziploc bags and freeze it for later use.
This Instant Pot shredded chicken is an easy and delicious alternative to buying grocery store rotisserie chickens.
- 10.5 oz condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp Barbecue Chicken seasoning
- 2.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Pour chicken broth, water and barbecue seasoning into the Instant Pot. Stir well.
- Place chicken breasts in the Instant Pot.
- Place lid on the Instant Pot and turn steam release handle to the sealing position.
- Turn on Instant Pot to Pressure Cook High for 12 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot is done cooking, immediately turn the steam release handle to the venting position and do a quick release.
- Remove chicken breasts from the Instant Pot and use forks to pull them apart.
- Use chicken immediately or store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer for later use.
This recipe was tested in an 8 quart Instant Pot Duo.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.