Sloppy Joe Dip is a delicious party dip recipe loaded with ground beef and dripping with melted cheese.
This dip, with all the flavours of the classic sloppy joe, is perfect for dipping chips and crackers.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this sloppy joe dip, I started by browning some lean ground beef in a large saucepan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine.
I added some diced onions to the pan while the meat was cooking.
Once the ground beef was fully cooked, I drained the excess grease from the pan.
Then I dumped some ketchup, Worcestershire, brown sugar and onion powder into a medium mixing bowl.
I stirred the ingredients together well and then poured the sauce over the ground beef in the pan.
I stirred until all of the meat was coated in the sauce.
Then I poured the meat mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the meat mixture.
Then I placed the dish in the oven and baked the dip until all of the cheese was completely melted.
I removed the pan from the oven and served the dip immediately.
This dip is perfect for serving with chips, crackers or sliced baguette.
I like to serve it with Tostitos Scoops.
If you are looking for a delicious hot dip to serve at your next party or gathering, then you need to try this Sloppy Joe Dip!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups ketchup
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook ground beef in a large saucepan over medium-high heat with a dab of butter or margarine.
- While the ground beef is cooking add the diced onions to the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and onion powder.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked drain any excess grease from the pan.
- Pour the sauce mixture into the pan with the ground beef and stir well.
- Pour the meat and sauce mixture into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake until the cheese is completely melted. 7-9 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 306
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.