This Chicken Parm Casserole is an easy weeknight dinner recipe your whole family will enjoy. This casserole serves six people and takes less than forty minutes from start to finish.
This simple dish uses chicken nuggets in place of hand breaded chicken to save on time. Plus it’s super kid-friendly.
Today I was really wanting to eat some chicken parm but I did not feel like going to all the trouble of pounding out and breading chicken breasts. I had a box of chicken nuggets in the freezer so I decided to use them and throw together a casserole.
I started by cooking some chicken nuggets and boiling some penne pasta.
Once everything was cooked I added some tomato sauce to the penne pasta and stirred until it was well coated. I used Classico Sweet Basil Marinara sauce but you can use your favourite tomato pasta sauce.
I poured the pasta into a 3 quart baking dish and then cut the chicken nuggets into bite sized pieces. The chicken nugget pieces were then spread over the pasta.
I spooned some more pasta sauce over the nuggets and then topped everything with grated mozzarella and Parmesan. Some Italian seasoning was sprinkled on top before the dish was placed in the oven.
The casserole was baked for about ten minutes until the cheese was completely melted.
This tasty casserole has all the flavours of chicken parm without all the work.
This dish is super easy to make and the whole family will love it.
Try this Chicken Parm Casserole the next time you are in need of a quick and easy dinner recipe.
If you are looking for more casserole recipes check out Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole, Cheeseburger Casserole, Cajun Chicken and Biscuits Casserole, Chicken and Green Bean Casserole and Chicken Bruschetta Casserole with Everything Bagels.
- 20 chicken nuggets
- 4 cups penne noodles, uncooked
- 24 oz Pasta Sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400F and bring a pot of water to a boil on the stove for your pasta.
- Put nuggets on a baking sheet and cook in oven for 15-18 minutes.
- While the nuggets are cooking, boil the penne until tender and then drain the water.
- Add 2/3 of the sauce to the penne and stir.
- Pour penne into 3qt casserole dish.
- Cut the nuggets into bite sized pieces.
- Spread pieces of nuggets evenly over the penne.
- Spoon remaining sauce over nuggets.
- Top with both cheeses and Italian seasoning.
- Cook at 400F for 8-10 minutes until cheese is all melted.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 541Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 1429mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 4gSugar: 7gProtein: 28g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.