Grape Jelly BBQ Sloppy Joes are a fun twist on the classic sandwich. These tasty sloppy joes are made with ground beef tossed in a mixture of grape jelly and BBQ sauce and topped with French’s crispy fried onions.
Grape Jelly BBQ Sloppy Joes are an easy ground beef dinner recipe perfect for weeknights.
These hearty ground beef sandwiches are sure to please the whole family.
This sloppy joe recipe takes around thirty minutes from start to finish and produces four sandwiches.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these grape jelly sloppy joes, I started by cooking some lean ground beef in a large saute pan over medium-high heat along with a dab of margarine.
I added some diced onions to the pan with the ground beef as it was cooking.
I made sure to crumble the ground beef well.
Once the ground beef was fully cooked, I drained the excess grease from the pan.
I reduced the heat to medium low and added some salt, pepper, Welch’s grape jelly and Sweet Baby Ray’s barbecue sauce to the pan.
I stirred until all of the ground beef was coated in sauce and then I left the dish to simmer for ten minutes.
After ten minutes I removed the pan from heat and set it aside for a few minutes while I toasted the buns.
I placed four large hamburger buns on a baking sheet and then toasted them in the oven.
If you don’t feel like turning on your oven you could just use your toaster or toaster oven, or even just warm the buns up in the microwave if you don’t want them crispy.
Once the buns were toasted, I spooned some of the ground beef mixture onto the bottom of each bun.
Then I sprinkled on some French’s fried onions and put on the top buns.
These grape jelly sloppy joes are the perfect mix of sweet and savory.
This dish was inspired by my Instant Pot Grape Jelly Meatballs.
If you are looking for a fun and delicious ground beef recipe the whole family will love, then you need to try these Grape Jelly BBQ Sloppy Joes!
More Sloppy Joe Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 cup Welch's grape jelly
- 1/2 cup Sweet Baby Ray's barbecue sauce
- 4 large hamburger buns
- 1 cup French's fried onions
- Preheat oven to 400F for toasting the buns.
- Dump ground beef into a large saute pan over medium-high heat along with a dab of butter or margarine.
- Add the diced onion to the pan with the ground beef while it's cooking.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked, drain the excess grease from the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the salt, pepper, grape jelly and BBQ sauce to the pan.
- Stir until all of the ground beef is coated in sauce.
- Leave the meat to simmer in the sauce for 10 minutes.
- After ten minutes remove the pan from the heat and set it aside while you toast the buns.
- Lay the buns in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and toast the buns for 4 minutes.
- Remove the buns from the oven and spoon the ground beef mixture onto the bottom buns.
- Sprinkle the fried onions over the meat and then cover with the top buns.
- Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 504Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 793mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 2gSugar: 7gProtein: 39g
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.