Sloppy Joe Cups are a fun twist on the classic sandwich baked in muffin tins.
These hamburger bun cups are loaded with ground beef and onions tossed in homemade sloppy joe sauce and topped with cheese.
Sloppy Joe Cups are an easy recipe perfect for a fun weeknight dinner or to serve at a party.
These hamburger bun cups are filled with ground beef tossed in homemade sloppy joe sauce.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
This easy ground beef recipe takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish.
To make these sloppy joe cups, I started by browning some ground beef in a large frying pan.
I added some diced onions to the pan with the ground beef while it was cooking.
While the meat was still cooking, I dumped some ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and onion powder into a mixing bowl.
I stirred the ingredients together really well to make my homemade sloppy joe sauce.
Once the ground beef was fully cooked, I drained the excess grease from the pan.
Then I poured the sloppy joe sauce into the pan with the cooked beef.
I stirred until all of the ground beef was coated in sauce.
Then I pushed some hamburger buns into muffin tins to form cups.
I was very gently when pushing the hamburger buns into the cups because I did not want to tear them.
I spooned the ground beef mixture into the hamburger bun cups.
Then I sprinkled some shredded mozzarella and cheddar on top of the meat.
I placed the muffin tins in the oven and baked the sloppy joe cups until the cheese was completely melted.
Then I removed the muffin tins from the oven and lifted the sloppy joe cups out of the pan.
These tasty ground beef cups are a kid friendly food that adults will love too.
These sloppy joes in convenient cup form are the perfect party snack!
If you are looking for an easy ground beef recipe for when you are short on time, then you need to try these Sloppy Joe Cups!
You could also try this recipe with ground turkey or ground chicken for a lighter version.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 8 hamburger buns
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella and cheddar
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cook ground beef in a large frying pan with a dab of margarine or butter.
- Add the diced onions to the pan with the ground beef while its cooking.
- Pour the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar and onion powder into a medium mixing bowl. Stir well.
- Once the ground beef is fully cooked, drain the grease from the pan.
- Add the sauce to the pan with the ground beef and stir until all of the meat is coated in sauce.
- Place the hamburger buns in the muffin tins, pressing them down gently to form cups.
- Spoon the ground beef mixture into the cups.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Place the muffin tins in the oven and bake until the cheese is completely melted. 6-8 minutes.
- Remove the muffin tins from the oven and carefully lift the sloppy joe cups out of the pan.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 178
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.