Cheesy Spaghetti Sloppy Joes are an easy ground beef dinner recipe loaded with spaghetti, marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese.
Cheesy Spaghetti Sloppy Joes are delicious homemade sloppy joes with a fun twist.
These sloppy joes loaded with hamburger meat, spaghetti and mozzarella tossed in marinara sauce are a simple ground beef dinner recipe the whole family will love.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
This hearty dinner recipe takes less than thirty minutes from start to finish and produces four large sandwiches.
You could use regular sized hamburger buns instead of the large ones to make six smaller sandwiches.
To make these spaghetti sloppy joes, I started by cooking some lean ground beef in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.
I added some diced onions to the pan with the ground beef while it was cooking.
I continued cooking the ground beef and onions, crumbling the ground beef well.
Once the ground beef was fully cooked, I drained the grease from the pan.
Then I added some water to the pan.
I broke some spaghetti noodles into quarters and added them to the pan.
I stirred gently to spread the spaghetti noodles out.
I left the pan over medium-high heat and placed a lid on the pan.
I cooked the spaghetti noodles for four minutes and then removed the lid from the pan.
Then I stirred the spaghetti and ground beef together well.
I added some marinara sauce to the pan.
I stirred until all of the spaghetti and ground beef were coated in marinara.
Then I added some salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to the pan.
I stirred well again.
I reduced the heat to low and left the pan to sit while I prepared the buns.
I placed four large hamburger buns in a single layer on a baking sheet and spread them with garlic margarine.
Then I placed the buns in a 400F oven until they were lightly toasted.
I added some shredded mozzarella to the pan with the spaghetti.
I stirred the cheese into the spaghetti until it melted.
Then I scooped the spaghetti mixture on to the toasted buns.
These sandwiches are a fun combination of the classic sloppy joe and spaghetti bolognese.
If you are looking for a delicious and simple ground beef dinner recipe, then you need to try these Cheesy Spaghetti Sloppy Joes!
More Sloppy Joe Recipes You’ll Love…
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup spaghetti noodles broken into quarters
- 2 cups Classic Sweet Basil Marinara sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 large hamburger buns
- 1/4 cup garlic margarine or butter
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, cook the ground beef with a dab of butter or margarine.
- Add the diced onions to the pan with the ground beef while it's cooking.
- Crumble the ground beef well.
- When the ground beef is cooked, drain the grease from the pan.
- Add the water to the pan.
- Add the broken up spaghetti noodles to the pan.
- Stir gently to spread the noodles out.
- Leave the heat at medium-high and place a lid on the pan.
- Leave the spaghetti to cook for four minutes.
- Remove the lid and stir well.
- Add the marinara sauce to the pan and stir well.
- Add the salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder to the pan and stir well again.
- Reduce the heat to low.
- Place the hamburger buns in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Spread the garlic margarine on the buns.
- Place the pan in the oven and toast the buns until they start to brown around the edges. 4-6 minutes.
- Add the shredded mozzarella to the pan with the spaghetti.
- Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Scoop the spaghetti mixture onto the toasted buns.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.