Homemade Chocolate Chips Cookies are a classic dessert everyone loves.
These easy chocolate chip cookies from scratch are soft and chewy.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make these chocolate chip cookies, I started by dumping some softened butter, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, vanilla extract and an egg into a large mixing bowl.
I used an electric mixer to cream the ingredients together until smooth.
Then I added some all purpose flour, salt and baking soda to the bowl.
I continued mixing with the electric mixer until all of the ingredients were fully combined.
Then I added some semi-sweet chocolate chips to the bowl.
I stirred the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
I rolled the cookie dough into balls approximately an inch and a half in diameter and dropped them onto a non stick baking sheet.
I placed the baking sheet in the oven and baked the cookies until they were golden brown all around the edges.
Then I removed them from the oven and left the cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes before using a spatula to transfer them to some parchment paper on the counter to finish cooling off.
These chewy chocolate chip cookies are a delicious homemade treat.
If you are looking for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe, then you need to try these Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies!
⇒ Click Here And Follow Me On Pinterest ⇐
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
Homemade Chocolate Chips Cookies are a classic dessert everyone loves. These easy chocolate chip cookies from scratch are soft and chewy.
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 1 cup golden brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, large
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Dump softened butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, egg and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl.
- Cream together ingredients with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add flour, salt and baking soda.
- Continue mixing with electric mixer until ingredients are fully combined.
- Add chocolate chips to the bowl. Stir the chocolate chips into the cookie dough.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls approximately 1 1/2 inches in diameter and drop them onto a non stick baking sheet. Leave at least 2 inches between the balls.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown all around the edges. 10-12 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the pan for a few minutes before transferring them to some parchment paper on the counter to finish cooling off.
- Serve and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.