Mushroom Swiss Roast Beef Biscuit Bake is an easy dinner recipe that turns a classic sandwich into a casserole.
This easy beef casserole recipe uses Pillsbury biscuits and sliced deli roast beef.
If you are looking to get dinner for four on the table in under 40 minutes this is the recipe for you.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
To make this roast beef casserole I started by opening a can of Pillsbury Country Biscuits and cutting each biscuit into four pieces.
I tossed the biscuit pieces into a greased 8 inch square casserole dish making sure the entire bottom of the dish was covered.
If you make a lot of casserole I highly recommend you invest in some baking dishes with lids.
They make storing leftovers so much easier and are great for transporting food.
I baked the biscuit pieces in the oven until they were golden brown.
While the biscuits were baking I cut the roast beef slices into bite sized pieces.
I used kitchen scissors to cut the roast beef because I find it easier to cut deli meat that way than with a knife.
I put the roast beef pieces into a large frying pan with a dab of margarine and then added diced onion and sliced mushrooms.
I fried the mixture until the onions were starting to brown.
Then I added some water and gravy mix and continued cooking until the liquid was almost gone.
I poured the roast beef mixture over the cooked biscuits spreading it out evenly.
Then I topped everything with sliced Swiss cheese.
I placed the casserole dish back in the oven until the cheese was fully melted.
This delicious casserole is a great weeknight dinner.
If you love roast beef sandwiches you will love this Mushroom Swiss Roast Beef Biscuit Bake.
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated biscuits, 12 oz
- 10 oz sliced deli roast beef
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 0.87 oz brown gravy mix
- 6 slices Swiss Cheese, square sandwich size slices
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces.
- Place the biscuit pieces in the bottom of a greased eight inch square baking dish.
- Put the dish in the oven and bake the biscuit pieces until golden brown. 18-20 minutes.
- While the biscuits are baking cut your roast beef slices into small bite sized pieces. I used kitchen scissors to cut mine.
- Place the roast beef pieces, diced onions and sliced mushrooms in a large frying pan with a dab of butter or margarine. Fry over medium high-heat until onions start to brown.
- Add water and gravy powder to the pan and continue cooking until liquid is almost gone. Remove from heat.
- Pour the roast beef mixture over the cooked biscuits spreading it out evenly.
- Place the Swiss cheese slices on top. They will overlap.
- Return the dish to the oven and cook until the cheese is fully melted. 6-8 minutes.
- Slice and serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 715
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.