Cream Cheese Bacon Chicken Tacos are a fun and easy dinner recipe your whole family will love.
This recipe uses precooked shredded chicken and is the perfect way to use up leftover chicken or your grocery store rotisserie chicken.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
If you have the chicken already cooked this fun supper can be on the table in less than half and hour from start to finish.
Loaded with chicken, bacon, onions, cream cheese and cheddar cheese these tacos are very filling.
These cheesy tacos would also be a great party snack.
I used to always make beef tacos but lately I have been experimenting with different kinds of chicken tacos.
I wanted to try something a little different from the traditional salsa and taco seasonings so I thought I would use a cream cheese base.
And once I decided to use cream cheese I had to add bacon too because cream cheese and bacon are amazing together!
I love to bake my tacos in the oven and Old El Paso Stand and Stuff Taco Shells with their flat bottoms make it so much easier to stand the tacos up in a baking dish.
For these tacos I used the cheese flavoured Stand and Stuff Taco Shells but you could use whichever flavour you prefer.
To make these tacos I started by melting some cream cheese in a large sauce pan.
I added some shredded rotisserie chicken, real bacon bits and chopped green onions and stirred until the cream cheese was fully melted.
I removed the saucepan from the heat and placed all the taco shells in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
I added some shredded cheddar cheese to the chicken mixture and stirred until fully combined.
Then I spooned the mixture into the taco shells making sure each shell got a similar amount.
I spread the mixture out so that each taco shell was filled evenly from end to end.
I placed the baking dish in the oven and baked the tacos until the shells were starting to brown.
These chicken and bacon tacos are a tasty weeknight dinner.
The cream cheese makes the filling moist and incredibly rich and the bacon adds amazing flavour.
Baking the tacos with the filling inside softens the taco shells slightly but they still have a nice crunch.
Cream cheese tacos are a fun change from traditional tacos.
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner idea be sure to try these Cream Cheese Chicken Bacon Tacos.
This is a dish that is sure to please your entire family.
These chicken tacos would be the perfect snack for your next Superbowl party!
If you are looking for more easy dinner recipes check out Loaded Potato Meatloaf Casserole, Chicken and Green Bean Casserole, Cheeseburger Casserole, Chicken Bruschetta Casserole, Spaghetti and Meatballs Stuffed Pizza and Sweet Chili BBQ Chicken Sliders.
- 8 oz Philadelphia Cream Cheese Spread
- 3/4 cup real bacon bits
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, cooked, shredded
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 cups marble cheddar cheese, shredded
- 10 Old El Paso Cheese Flavoured Stand and Stuff Taco Shells
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Place the cream cheese in a large saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Add the shredded chicken, bacon bits, chopped green onions, salt and pepper to the sauce pan and stir until the cream cheese is completely melted.
- Place the taco shells in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the shredded cheddar cheese to the chicken mixture. Stir until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the taco shells making sure to divide it equally between them.
- Place the baking dish in the oven and cook until taco shells are starting to brown. 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 329
More Chicken Recipes
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.