Pizza Roll Pasta Casserole is an easy dinner recipe loaded with great pizza flavours.
Printable Recipe Card with a Full List of Ingredients and Instructions is Located at the Bottom of the Post.
Be sure to read through the entire post so that you don’t miss out on any important tips and tricks!
The base of the casserole is a mixture of penne pasta and bite size pizza rolls.
I used Pillsbury Pepperoni Pizza Bites but Totino’s Pizza Rolls would work just as well.
To make this pepperoni pizza casserole I started by boiling some penne pasta and the frozen pizza rolls together in a large pot.
Then I drained them and dumped them into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with some marinara sauce.
If you make a lot of casserole I highly recommend you invest in some baking dishes with lids.
They make storing leftovers so much easier and are great for transporting food.
No more fighting with cling wrap!
I spread the bottom of the baking dish with a bit of the marinara sauce before adding the pasta and pizza rolls so that they wouldn’t stick to the pan.
I was careful to spread out the pizza rolls so that every piece of casserole would have pizza rolls in it.
Then I placed some pepperoni slices over the pasta.
I covered the whole dish with shredded mozzarella cheese and then more pepperoni slices.
To finish the dish I sprinkled it with diced green peppers and seasoned it with salt and pepper.
I placed the pizza pasta casserole in the oven and baked it until the cheese was just starting to brown.
This delicious pasta casserole has a great pizza taste thanks to the addition of the bite size pizza rolls.
Try this Pizza Roll Pasta Casserole if you are need of an easy weeknight dinner recipe.
- 12 oz penne pasta
- 25 oz bite size pepperoni pizza rolls, frozen
- 22 oz marinara sauce
- 1 cup pepperoni slices
- 2 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Add the penne and frozen pizza rolls to the boiling water and boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour about 1/4 of the marinara sauce into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and spread it around to cover the whole bottom. This will stop your pasta from sticking.
- Dump the cooked pasta and pizza rolls into the baking dish and spread them out making sure the pizza rolls are spread out evenly so that each piece of the casserole will have some.
- Pour the remaining marinara sauce over top.
- Place half of the pepperoni in a single layer over the sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese over everything.
- Place the remaining pepperoni on top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the diced green peppers on top followed by the salt and pepper.
- Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 22-25 minutes until the cheese is starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a couple minutes before slicing and serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 687
This post contains affiliate links. Read our disclosure here.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.